GOPers Cheney, Katko Get Behind Impeachment: ‘There Has Never Been A Greater Betrayal’ | Talking Points Memo

Reps. Liz Cheney (R-WY) and John Katko (R-NY) on Tuesday emerged as the first House Republicans to back an impeachment article that at least 218 House Democrats have co-sponsored after President Trump incited the deadly insurrection at the Capitol last week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354147
1 Like

Liz freaking Cheney, decent soul of the House GOP. 2021 is telling me to buckle the fuck up!!

55 Likes

It’s about God damned time that these people wake the hell up!

32 Likes

Republican House members and the Joint Chiefs of Staff coming down on Trump on the same day, the avalanche is just getting started.

48 Likes

McTurtle now this. I have a feeling Rump is going to be spit roasted.

27 Likes

Waaaaaaaiiiiiit… Liz Cheney has a conscience?

18 Likes

"There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

Hold on, you’re peaking too early; he’s still got another week.

65 Likes

If there has never been a greater betrayal, I assume Ms. Cheney also feels anyone who contributed to that betrayal, no matter how “inconsequential”, should also be punished.

I look forward to her asking for the removal of the 139 House members who voted against the legitimate electors and tried to deny them their vote.

45 Likes

The dam might finally be breaking after all these years.

Sam Stein speculated that Trump not being on Twitter might have helped stiffen their spines. That would be so stupid if it’s actually True though.

37 Likes

It’s a question of survival in the post Rump era in politics. McConnell said it best.

11 Likes

They’re pushing him to resign.

Backdoor discussions worked with Nixon, Trump needs a 2x4 to the head.

57 Likes

Very big, very strong lumber! Powerful like no other president has ever needed to be clubbed with!

21 Likes

Don’t you know donnie is foaming a the mouth because he can’t diss her on twitter.

24 Likes

A woman dares to speak up against him, of all people.

14 Likes

The most masculine lumber ever to hit the head of a president!

17 Likes

They didn’t vote to impeach the first time. They are simply taking note of donors who are bailing. Liz Cheney is gunning for the Speaker role or President in 2024.

27 Likes

This is snowballing fast. I foresee Mike Pence being sworn in on either Thursday or Friday.

14 Likes

Cheney represents the establishment faction of the GOP (Punish Trump), trying to wrest control of the party from the MAGAt faction (Forgiveness and National Unity) that want to continue espousing Trumpism even if Trump is gone. It’s going to be amusing to watch in the same way a dog fight is.

20 Likes

When you’ve lost Wyoming, the rodeo is over, Fat Nixon.

37 Likes

I foresee Q-Tip being sworn at constantly til then.

13 Likes