GOPers Beg Trump To Force Barr To Appoint Special Counsel For Bogus Fraud Claims

In a desperate move to egg on President Trump’s no-chance efforts to win a second term, twenty-seven GOP lawmakers on Wednesday issued a desperate plea to Trump to force Attorney General Bill Barr into appointing a special counsel to investigate election irregularities.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348332

I would be enjoying the hell out of this, except it’s going to lead to blood being shed.

15 Likes

Um, is that the same fraud fubarr said there was no evidence of?

8 Likes

So, will Barr fire that off or be fired?

And these 27 House members are sucking up to the point where it’s blatantly obvious.

8 Likes

There is nothing to investigate, but Barr will probably do it to appease the toddler in chief and get it out of his own lap. Then we can have leaks for 4 years anytime they do find a single person who voted illegally.

5 Likes

He wouldn’t want to lose access to that pardon.

4 Likes

Republicans: The reason we can’t have nice things.

14 Likes

Well, if Barr was smart, he’d have gotten it signed ahead of time.

Was Barr smart?

2 Likes

I always think of how Orwell put it—“a kind of playing with fire by people who don’t even know that fire is hot.”

23 Likes

Barr gave his prosecutors the go-ahead to investigate - why aren’t they going after Trump and his allies who are trying to influence election boards and secretaries of state? Or the GOPers who are committing sedition and treason? Trump bragged it would be a corrupt election - so let’s go to red states that should’ve turned blue and investigate.

14 Likes

Josh has repeatedly said in his editor blog posts that pressuring election officials is a crime-- does anyone have a citation for that? Isn’t that what the DOJ should be investigating?

6 Likes

Trump truly is a stupid person. Plain dumb.

If somebody cheated in the Election, which the Democrats did, why wouldn’t the Election be immediately overturned? How can a Country be run like this?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 9, 2020

8 Likes

“legitimate questions of voter fraud remain unanswered uninvented.”

3 Likes

Trump’s gonna start firing people, beginning with Barr, until he has someone who will appoint special counsel for both of these baseless, ridiculous “issues”.

4 Likes

legitimate questions of voter fraud… [emph. added]

I believe I’ve spotted the fundamental flaw in his reasoning.

6 Likes

The letter signed by 27 GOP lawmakers comes two days after Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) asked Barr to appoint a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden’s business affairs, renewing the Trump campaign’s attacks on President-elect Joe Biden prior to the election.

Ken Buck didn’t get the memo: the Hunter Biden smears were for before the election. After the election, its about how zombie Hugo Chavez is leading an army of dead voters in Philadelphia.

16 Likes

Rep. Lance Gooden (R-TX)

He’s in a R+16 district.

Ken Buck is in a R+13 district.

6 Likes

Play hardball. This should be 27 GOP congress critters whose districts will get no federal funding.

2 Likes

Man, I dunno, I had a huge definite resolution on February 4th (urrrppp) and several more afterwards. I just had another one from the SCOTUS yesterday. I’m really stuffed. I don’t even want a dismissed thin pretext for desert.

Americans “deserve a definite resolution” into uncertainty around the election and that “legitimate questions of voter fraud remain unanswered.”

7 Likes

Meh, he’s just trying to set the groundwork for four years of a special counsel investigating the Bidens. Doesn’t really matter what for, they just want a constant investigation, just like they were ready to go all !BENGHAZI! for four years from day one of a Hillary administration.

13 Likes