GOP, White House Showcase Their Control Over Levers Of Power In Unprecedented Infomercial | Talking Points Memo

It’s an election year, and that means using the levers of government power to propel the President of the United States to reelection.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1328630
1 Like

It seems that the new citizens they showcased in the naturalization ceremony tonight are what Trump would consider people who came from sh*thole countries!

And we all know Pardoner-in-Chief only pardons those who can help him…

But the truth about Trump’s immigration policies are…

New Ad: Miles Taylor reveals that Trump offered pardons to DHS staff in exchange for implementing his illegal immigration policies at the border.

Airing in swing states on Fox News Channel. pic.twitter.com/D9ilRT497h

— Republican Voters Against Trump (@RVAT2020) August 25, 2020
24 Likes

How have we come to this?

(Don’t answer that.)

18 Likes

Chiselin’ Trump better be careful with all of these pardons he’s giving. He might run out. And he’s gonna need a lot of them just for himself.

5 Likes

There is not enough chocolate, liquor, or salty snacks to rid me of the bad taste this shitshow has left in my mouth.
Melania, in her faux military uniform was human and then praise her inhuman husband.
Eric shut up!
Tiffany oh poor pitiful you having to look for a job in the time of global pandemic.
Mikey P the bill for your trip is in your inbox.
Is Chad allowed to administer the oath to become a US citizen? Don’t they usually have a judge?

Just have to say thank God for Amazon Fire stick, that I didn’t have to watch in real time, just watching the recap.

15 Likes

So who presided over the.naturalization ceremony? Trump or Wolf?

3 Likes

I said this elsewhere, but how I wish the House Dems would pass new Articles on Friday. What would it accomplish? Well for starters, it would remind these crooks that the laws apply to them too, election year be damned. And when Mitch refuses to hold a trial it will be further evidence of the cravenness and dangerousness of the GOP.

Meanwhile, taxpaying citizens have the standing to sue over Hatch Act violations, right? Maybe I should drop my state attorney general a message tomorrow.

This was such a brazen slap in the face to all of us.

10 Likes

Wolf is in his post illegally so these poor immigrants were not legally made citizens of the USA in that photo op ceremony. They will be deported tomorrow if the dotard thinks they won’t vote for him.

25 Likes

Too Long:Didn’t Watch: Trump plays dress up using the White House.

• Including a scene when he mimics a shot Putin uses where he is coming down a hallway with military guards standing on each side.
14 Likes

Its a huge sign of weakness that they have to do this.

23 Likes

Gawd the media’s gonna miss him.

6 Likes

Failing to prosecute the legerdemain of corporate financial leaders who caused the 2007/8 real estate crisis to turn into global meltdown gave comfort and confidence to these Trumpists doubling down on lawlessness and power displays.

It will take more than a truth and reconciliation commission to deal with this, there must be prosecution, jail time and blood: if the powerful are not accountable then no one is.

22 Likes

ICYMI:

Melania-43Prez

Melania's talking about her immigrant experience.

A reminder - exactly 4 years ago this month, Donald Trump promised a press conference "over the next couple of weeks" at which she'd address allegations she broke immigration laws.

We're still waiting.https://t.co/DrFafzMZLe

— Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan) August 26, 2020
13 Likes

I guess this was a compromise with Stephen Miller’s “Hunger Games” idea. Or maybe that’s tomorrow. I’ll never know because I’m not watching any of it.

10 Likes

Her extraordinary ability involved a ping pong ball, ill just leave it at that.

14 Likes

Donald gave Melania a kiss after her RNC speech.

Then, out of habit, he paid her $130,000.

(h/t Alex Kaseberg)

41 Likes

Republicans know Dems. don’t have the balls to put anyone of consequence in jail, so they do what they want.

8 Likes

We shall see, if that holds true this cycle.

2 Likes

The little people are always accountable. That’s how the wealthy fill their private jails.

4 Likes

Usually less-expensive long-run-- to just ‘date’ someone with said extraordinary abilities.

3 Likes