GOP Wants To Outsource Stalling COVID Relief To Senate Clerks. The Clerks Have A Plan.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) proclaimed on Twitter Wednesday that he’s “going to make the Senate clerk read the Democrats’ $1.9 trillion bill. All several hundred pages of it.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1363390
1 Like

Republicans want Americans to suffer for as long as possible before this bill is passed. It is never about helping their constituents but always about trying to trip up Democrats. They are despicable.

75 Likes

Real Ballsy of Mittens.

25 Likes

“It’s all about TV commercials,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) told CNN.

No, it’s about getting desperately need help to millions of Americans. And getting vaccines into arms.

Fucking assholes.

57 Likes

Hard to believe the R party act like such childish assholes.

Wait a sec… it’s normal and expected now.

29 Likes

Republicans always operate from bad faith.

51 Likes

“Like my constituents, as a dyed-in-the-wool Guardian Of Plunderers’ Senator, I extend my representation to all Americans, even if I have to do against their expressly stated wishes. That’s just how we roll.”
— Sen. RonJo (Q-WI)

22 Likes

I think this feeds into the illusion that they still have control.

18 Likes

IMAGINE the stuff we could get done if there weren’t such obstructionist aholes in the Senate?

35 Likes

Just point the gop in the direction of all the military spending in the previous bills that have absolutely nothing to do with the coronavirus. Or the deduction for the three martini lunch. Or the misadventures with the PPP. Or whatever.

24 Likes

“Military spending”

850 billion dollars doesn’t even include a reasonable and timely defense of the Capitol.

23 Likes

During the impeachment the Republicans were all complaining that the country should be expediting COVID relief. Not that the bill is coming before the Senate, all they want to do is stall it. Can they not be hypocritical about anything (said rhetorically; I know they can’t.)?

28 Likes

It looks like the clerks detest the republicans and their obstructionism as much as I do. I love that.

27 Likes

The Clerks Have A Plan

Perhaps the clerks are planning some outsourcing of their own.

Twenty minutes, tops.

19 Likes

“It’s all about TV commercials,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) told CNN.

Democrats should cut an ad with Cornyn saying this over and over again.
'Why didn’t a single Republican support the Covid relief bill?"
“It’s all about TV commercials.”
“Why did Republicans vote against Americans receiving $2000 in stimulus money?”
“It’s all about TV commercials”
“Why did Republicans vote against the Covid relief bill to get us back to normal?”
“It’s all about TV commercials.”

68 Likes

So, they are going force five hours of time wasted to show that they are assholes when everyone already knows that.

19 Likes

They should hire a champion auctioneer, get it done in an hour. There are competitions for these things.

24 Likes

Mitt has taken too many hits to the head.

7 Likes

1,200 Days.

Republican Senator Ron Johnson just said he wants to block emergency checks, unemployment insurance and vaccine distribution money

For 1,200 days. pic.twitter.com/54svgrMNka

— Senate Democrats (@SenateDems) March 4, 2021
23 Likes

Have two clerks on the floor, one reading the even numbered pages and one reading the odd numbered pages AT THE SAME TIME! Russian Ron Johnson said the bill had to be read. He didn’t stipulate that what was read had be comprehensible.

28 Likes