GOP Sen. Apologizes To Black Voters For Giving ‘Perception’ Of Trying To Delegitimize Their Votes

Where is the apology to the states of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona where Lankford acknowledges violating their sovereignty and delegitimizing their citizens’ right to have their votes count?

24 Likes

Yes. It’s the money. It’s always the money.

16 Likes

I think we have to realize the GOP hasn’t changed its spots.

8 Likes

May be an unpopular opinion, but I’m actually somewhat impressed. Mainly because I don’t expect any Republican to show this level of nuance about how this all looked.

He’s still seditious. And it’s unacceptable for a US senator to not have this level of scope to begin with. But acknowledging it after the fact is way beyond the self-awareness and race-awareness I expect from the GOP.

6 Likes

This is not intended for Black Oklahomans. He is trying to demonstrate his non-racist bona fides to white Oklahomans. Would any others believe him?

18 Likes

Lankford knew exactly what he was doing, and if voters in OK have any dignity they will organize against him and vote him out of office.

This letter is all about these racist white senators are now terrified they will get Perdued. That Stacey Abrams has demonstrated to black folks that their votes do matter and that they can organize to remove politicians who not only actively work to disenfranchise them but work daily to strip them of their dignity.

15 Likes

We saw this coming months ago. “Oh, how could you think such a thing? Disenfranchise? Moi?” and so forth. Meantime McCarthy and McConnell are talking about that naughty, naughty man Trump in a way that translates: “Please, corporate megadonors, the man we enabled for four years solely to save our family’s lives from his bloodthirsty hordes is gone now so you can turn those money faucets back on.”

27 Likes

The list of people who can eff off is getting unwieldy

9 Likes

There’s the non-denial denial. And the non-apology apology.

He did it. He admits it. But he claims he didn’t mean it and doesn’t want to be punished for it.

If your kid took the car and went joyriding, then mashed it against a tree, would you accept this bull? Why should we have to take it from a sitting U.S. Senator.

You do the crime, you do the time.

16 Likes

“I just didn’t realize how you would misconstrue what I meant when I hit you.”

6 Likes

I don’t think this ONE letter is enough to cover his Ass.

What he didn’t say:

• Donald Trump lost.
  • Joe Biden won fair and square.
  • The election was legitimate.
  • Joe Biden is the legitimate next president.
26 Likes

…and black voters rightfully clap back, “FUCK to the YOU!”

4 Likes
1 Like

The republican whizz kid: not too fucking bright.

7 Likes

Let me know when John Roberts and his cohort apologizes… I will NOT be holding my breath waiting.

3 Likes

Shorter GOP apology: I’m sorry for what you mistakenly thought I did.

2 Likes

He’s up for re-election in 2022, so it’s definitely the money.

He may have ultimately voted in the 11th hour for certification of Biden/Harris, but he’s still got the Cruz stank attached. And he’s seen how big corporate $$$ are flying away from that cabal. So he’s trying to distance himself.

12 Likes

Yes…how it looked and not what it was. There’s also the point that 2020 was not unique. The GOP effort to target predominantly Black areas with increased voting hassle is an old one. OK been at it for decades as this asshole Lankford knows. He’ll do it again.

12 Likes

Give the man a break, he’s only been a member of Congress from House to Senate since 2011, If in 10 years he doesn’t know the back story of his party’s call to suppress POC’s votes then he shouldn’t run in 2022. And it’s for that reason he’s apologizing.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available