Rep. Tom Rice (R-SC), who was among the 10 House Republicans that voted to impeach former President Trump for “incitement of insurrection,” on Sunday made clear that he does not regret his vote even as faces backlash within his party ahead of his bid for re-election in the South Carolina GOP primary.
“…amid the then-President’s fruitless attempts to subvert the 2020 presidential election results.”
Trump did subvert the 2020 election results, by one of the dictionary definitions of the word: to undermine confidence in. He’s continued to subvert them to this day.
I commend Rep. Rice for his impeachment vote. It’s a sad state of affairs when doing the right thing requires an act of courage in the republican party, and that doing the right thing leads to censure.
I believe Rice also said that Liz Cheney would be an excellent speaker should the goopers retake the house. He’s a luminary in the repub house membership, I hope he at least wins his primary.