GOP Rep Roasted For Being ‘Happy’ To Praise COVID Relief Plan He Voted Against | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) on Tuesday was suddenly “happy” to tout that community health centers in his district will receive grants from the Department of Health and Human Services — which were made possible through the passage of the COVID-19 relief package that he voted against earlier this month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1367275

Even their fuckery is stolen.

12 Likes

This kid is just a lightning rod of stupid.

12 Likes

SMDH. Words fail.

6 Likes

Madison Cawthorn is a useless and complete waste of space and oxygen. How he ever got elected to anything is a total mystery.

6 Likes

"Christ, what an asshole." – Lucy von Pelt

17 Likes

I know this sort of thing–appearing to take credit for something you opposed–is time-honored among politicians, but #politicalTwitter is going to make it harder to get away with. Cawthorn is young enough to have a grasp of this, so . . .

Yeah–this is just dumb.

11 Likes

“Happy to announce that Revolutionary War debt has been assumed by the late Alexander Hamilton’s creation, The First Bank of the United States.” – Aaron Burr

21 Likes

Madison Cawthorn, your plantation called. They want you back.

11 Likes

Next up - “I voted against it because I knew it would pass and benefit my district.”

8 Likes

What he’s saying is that he’s happy there are enough Democrats in Congress that can outvote him and the other members of his nihilistic party so that good things can happen for Americans.

That’ll be quite the campaign slogan for him in 2022. You like the community health centers? Then vote for the Democrat.

9 Likes

Homeschooled, hyper religious, arrogant. Little Maddie is the trifecta of rightwing stupidity and absence of morals, intelligence or charm.

12 Likes

Cawthorn — who is the youngest member of Congress and has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women

Sigh. He’s at that awkward age where he’s too old to be hanging with Gaetz, but too young too have a lick of sense or gravitas.

6 Likes

Neck & neck with Matt Gaetz for the “Most Likely to Succeed in Getting a 2x4 to the Face” award.

7 Likes

It didn’t take him long to take advantage of the GOP’s “suckers for supporters” rule.

1 Like

I’m going to go ahead and assume that nobody needs me to answer the question of whether these motherfuckers have no shame.

Moving on…

3 Likes

He is also against “special privileges” for certain groups.

I wonder if he has heard of the ADA? (No. not the dentist group)

3 Likes

He’s a d!ck. Full stop. I don’t know if his moran constituents keep track of his lies… or if he is using his wheelchair to cover his crap. I have close relatives who have suffered injuries and are wheelchair bound. If you are a lying jerk before a spinal injury… you remain one afterward.

7 Likes

You know that scene in “Kiss of Death” where Richard Widmark’s character pushes a woman in a wheelchair down the stairs and is the baddest of bad guys? His character could totally redeem himself if Cawthorn was in the chair.

1 Like

These guys are LUCKY that the Democrats aren’t as punitive and vindictive and just purely malicious as those nasty Republicans.

2 Likes