After spending time with his family at their lake house, Rep. Paul Mitchell (R-MI) announced his retirement, saying that “there’s a whole world out there outside this city that’s a pretty damn nice place.”
“Everything’s about politics. Everything’s about an election."
Oh, gee, Einstein! You didn’t happen to notice that when you ran for office in the first place?
Oh, and about that “vitriol” thingy: three guesses as to where 99.9875% of that “vitriol” comes from. And I’ll even spot you the first two guesses: it’s not the “Democrat Party”, and it’s not the “Democrat Party”.
“I was having my back scrubbed by my Filipino houseboy while taking my milk bath in my Carrara marble spa at the faux-French chateau I had built in Aspen when it finally dawned on me that modern politics is terrible!”
Bravery is doing the work to make a change when it seems that none can be made.
Bravery is not running away because the air stinks and you can’t stand it anymore.
Typical politician. Rather than be brave and work, would rather runaway and land a cush civilizan job.
Obviously the dude’s not a real Republican. He seems to have something resembling a conscience and hasn’t learned how to smoother it with boat loads of corporate cash.
Being in the minority must really be unpleasant after the heady times of being in the majority.
I also have to wonder if the “vitriol” in question is coming from his constituents.