GOP KY Lawmaker Endorses Gov. Matt Bevin’s Democratic Challenger

A Kentucky Republican lawmaker crossed party lines on Monday to endorse state Attorney General Andy Beshear, the Democrat who’s aiming to unseat Gov. Matt Bevin (R).


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1238757
1 Like

The senator was referring to Bevin baselessly claiming that last year’s statewide teachers’ protest for higher pensions led to kids being “sexually assaulted” or “introduced to drugs for the first time” because the teachers were out on strike.

This is going to be one of many campaigns in 2020 where the GOP shooting off its mouth is going to end up with them shooting themselves in the foot.

Endless loop, fellas. Endless loop. All day. Every day.

18 Likes

Wonder how he feels about Putin’s Mitch?

17 Likes

When the KY GOPers start endorsing Amy McGrath or other primary-selected Democratic candidate running against McConnell, I’ll sit up and pay even more attention.

19 Likes

Tiny cracks in the facade.

Tiny cracks always grow.

21 Likes

Good for you Sir…we really need to start endorsing and electing the better CANDIDATES, with the better PLATFORMS rather than the same old same old fear and loathing people.

12 Likes

Mitch’s ears are ringing.

2 Likes

Excuse me, but is that Beto’s long lost brother in that picture?

I notice the GOP guy has teachers in his family so it became personal for him. Why does it always have to become personal for a Republican to suddenly find empathy for another group?

18 Likes

Thank you, Sen. Seum.

7 Likes

I understand this sentiment, and I’ve expressed it many times, but I’ll take what I can get.

On the plus side, Bevin has insulted so many people/groups, everyone should be able to find some slight to be angry about.

9 Likes

“This race isn’t about right versus left,” Beshear concluded at the end of the video. “It’s about right versus wrong."

Great slogan!

12 Likes

I actually met Sen. Seum during my time in Bullitt County, KY. This is the message that needs to be made on any ballot: the candidates are to represent all of the people, not just the ones on their side of the political aisle. I hope Andy Beshear beats Bevin, and I hope the people this time come out to vote (and while you’re at it, get rid of Moscow Mitch).

9 Likes

Don’t you mean Moscow Mitch?

That’s a tag that needs to be repeated whenever possible just to make sure it sticks.

14 Likes

AND…Another 1 bites the dust 4 in 1 week Do I hear 5
Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT) is the fourth Republican since Wednesday to announce he will not be running in 2020.

8 Likes

This is a 2019 race.

1 Like

I heard it was Joe Scarborough who started that??? Thanks, Joe, but you’re still a douche who I can not forgive your stances in 1994 and the Clinton impeachment and all through the Bush/Cheney era.

3 Likes

Won’t change the chicanery - might well just be a dress rehearsal for 2020. ‘Let’s see what works here and roll the success out nationally’.

1 Like

Finally a decent story worth reading. Whether Bevin loses or not is a barometer for me in terms of whether we can make Mitch work to win his seat.

Is TPM done parroting the headlines that Trump wants to see us fill the news cycle with? How about #moscowmitch’s meltdown on the Senate floor over the success of the #moscowmitch hash tag?

How about Kamala Harris’ HC plan which has received very positive reviews from Kathleen Sebelius, Topher Spiro, Charles Gaba, and Andy Slavitt, you know basically the HC braintrust of the Democratic Party?

How about the fact that we’re at 109 or 110 House members supporting impeachment as of this hour, about a 19%-20% increase since before the Mueller hearing?

18 Likes

D’ya think Amy McGrath could take that hashtag for her campaign? Something like it, maybe? E.g., #ditchMoscowMitch???

My feeling about the headlines is much like yours, and I expressed it earlier, only to be shot down that we need to know all of it. I still disagree. I’d’ve liked to have read something about the Mitch meltdown, for example, but I see nothing about it here.

6 Likes

Well Josh is asking for feedback on this site, Let’s give him some

3 Likes