GOP Fundraising Arm Attacks Dems For Not Repealing Part Of Trump’s Tax Law | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

The National Republican Congressional Committee pulled a fast one, putting out a statement Wednesday targeting four Democratic members of Congress from New Jersey because they have “failed at restoring” the federal deduction for state and local taxes in the reconciliation bill.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1391568

Well, the way Morning Memo is set up maybe nothing’s really OT but seeing today that Trump is finally going to set up a real social media platform. I’m sure it will be just as successful as the shuttle and the steaks and all the rest, and there are interesting tidbits. They’ll have a subscription-of-course service with “non-woke” content like “Kitten Drowning Hour” and some of this sentence may be a joke. At least I hope so. It’ll be called TRUTH Social because someone’s incredibly good at naming things. You won’t be allowed to criticize it because of course.

26 Likes

And in the original Russian, Pravda.

21 Likes

The announcement I saw said it is called TRUTH Social, apparently because shouting is good manners in Trumplandia.

12 Likes

I’ve changed my post to reflect the stupidity.

11 Likes

PRAVDA is its mentor as well as the original translation.

10 Likes

Your usual excellent summation, Cristina. (Joking …) Brings to mind the quote from Jeff Goldblum’s character in “The Big Chill,” “… long enough for the average two minute crap.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Правда социальная (Pravda sotsial’naya, for those of us who don’t read the Cyrillic alphabet.)

8 Likes

You say this as if it’s understood why and you assume people agree with you. That may not be true.

2 Likes

When joining up at Truth Social, the fine print reads that you can’t criticize the platform. Now that’s free speech. :grin:

19 Likes

You say to-MAY-to, I say TO-mah-to.
Let’s call the whole thing1 off.

1 The whole thing being Pravda sotsial’naya of course.

4 Likes

First rule of fight club…

13 Likes

Well, the way you establish that something is true is by shouting down someone you disagree with or who’s asking questions you don’t like. Goes like this: EXCUSE ME EXCUSE ME EXCUSE ME…

9 Likes

The Pythoner’s were prescient in so many ways.

16 Likes

No they weren’t. :grin:

18 Likes

The GQP always expects the Democratic Party to clean up their mess since they don’t have a clue as to how to govern.

8 Likes

Ah I see Trump’s American Pravda is off to a great start!

24 Likes

Always the best people.

8 Likes

It’s being-hit-over-the-head lessons in here.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for Heywood Jablomi, Seymour Weener, and I.P. Freely.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available