GOP Florida Rep. Who Refused To Attend Impeachment Hearings Will Retire | Talking Points Memo

Hey we’re going to get you too, Another one bites the dust.

2 Likes

Not really. It was put into place to protect slaveholding states and states whose economy depended on using the US Army to slaughter troops. And most of the supporters on the right make no bones about it. (This includes my rather right wing parents, who don’t like all those NY and CA votes counting the same as everyone else.

1 Like

Or a double secret slush fund.:smirk:

Florida is the third-largest state in human population, so those numbers put the state well below the national average on a per-capita basis.

3 Likes

“It’s time for a new representative to take over the helm guiding our nation into the future,”

Uh-huh. Thanks for all of your “guidance”, Ted - you have been a real light in the darkness.

3 Likes

Not the question I was addressing, but true.

3 Likes

Yoho ho…

Do I want CA and NY making decisions for the rest of the country?

Yes, as they are paying the bills, perhaps they should.

Do we want All 7 people in Wyoming calling shots, or the states that are a drain on the country… looking at you red states…

4 Likes

Frederick Douglass really likes it…

1 Like

Just using the humans vs. cattle figures to show how Florida can simultaneously have lots of cows in raw numbers while still being relatively scarce for a state of its size.

3 Likes

I agree. Definitely near the bottom of the barrel. And that’s saying something given the average level of stupidity prevalent in the GOP.

2 Likes

A friend of mine, a rare native Orlandoan, had ancestors involved in a 19th century cattle feud. He used to still get incensed about the Historical Society’s unfair treatment of his family’s role – the other family had infiltrated that august organization to make sure their side of the story prevailed.

3 Likes

He did what the base wanted then?

Guccifer 2.0 inadvertently claims another victim?

1 Like

To paraphrase Tom Lehrer, Yoho was majoring in animal husbandry . . until they caught him at it one day.

3 Likes

HA!

(stuff added to satisfy discobot, or whomever)

the COTD.

I can attest that there’s pretty good bass fishing at several Arizona lakes.

Do I want CA and NY making decisions for the rest of the country?

Wrong question. Do I want the individual voters of CA and NY having the same impact on presidential elections as individual voters who live in smaller states?

The answer is Hell Yes.

1 Like

Like most of the current gaggle of GOP pricks…sounds like he was already retired…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available