GOP Convention Night Four: Trump’s Grand Finale | Talking Points Memo

This is typical GOP blindness to the Law of Unintended Consequences.

They may think they want a shooting war with us. I can assure them that they do not. There are so many more of us - we are a very diverse group and they are a very small group of like individuals who aren’t too bright.

16 Likes

Precisely. His crowd wants to see the extemperinsaneous version, and he can’t resist that. But this will likely be his biggest television audience, and that version of Trump also shows his undeniable lunacy and the level of threat he represents.

But that monotone reading voice. Jesus, he sounds like 6th grader fumbling while reciting a book report he neither understands nor cares about.

My money is on the former. He figures his winning personality will take the day.

13 Likes

She really was excellent.

10 Likes

Yep. Plus, we can always turn their racist nonsense on its head and ask them to remember who has actually been practicing shooting at people for the past couple decades…not just running around in the woods in Walmart fatigues LARPing. Where they see a short one-sided war full of Navy SEAL tactics they learned by watching Chuck Norris in Delta Force 3, I see a future filled with white suburbs enjoying drive-bys on a daily basis.

4 Likes

Yeah I think it’s a good bet. He might start out slowly but I don’t think he can resist going full-Trump.

6 Likes

Apparently the Kremlin Annex has a plan to purchase every single airhorn in DC for this speech…

5 Likes

OT: Vote Vets has a great ad of a Gold Star Dad (a white one as it matters to some, not the fabulous Mr. Khan) “Don’t trust Donald Trump with your kid’s life, or your own

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1298974055505317894

18 Likes

If I were a betting man…oh, I am. $50 on that approach!

3 Likes

She was like something out of a low budget horror movie.

3 Likes

And this is how scared he is: wire fencing used doing Floyd protest returns to WH

12 Likes

This will really get under Trump’s skin, whether she would ever do it or not. And it’s s good mind game just before his big speech.

14 Likes

Yeah there’s a damn wall around our house.

5 Likes

Just saw this from ACLU, they are calling for Kenosha Chief’s resignation (#3 in thread):

Sheriff David Beth's deputies not only socialized with white supremacist counter-protestors on Tuesday but allowed the shooter to leave the scene.

Sheriff Beth also previously called for five people of color who had been arrested for shoplifting to 'be put into warehouses.'

— ACLU (@ACLU) August 27, 2020
17 Likes

WHAT. THE. FUCK…I mean really.

They are such a by the book police force

3 Likes

I’m not sure about copyright issues, but it might be fun to combine that with a Rosie the Riveter sign. Tie it in with the original anti-fascists.

2 Likes

Rosie in a pussy hat is done

14 Likes

I’ll have to pass that by my HOA first. I have to be careful because they’ve already cited me for having a trailer improperly parked in my driveway when it was actually some construction company trailer parked in the street.

1 Like

Wonder how he’s going to react to this.
Looks like it’s going way beyond the NBA.

12 Likes

Fidel would go for 8 hours, if I recall.

5 Likes

I really and truly would prefer a root canal to listening to those bozos for three or four hours. Probably, I would opt for the Novocaine.

8 Likes