GOP Candidate Downplays Possibility Of Pregnancy After Rape

Also, within the nonsensical delusion of both hers and Akin’s is the notion that women have so much control over their bodies, they can somehow stop a fertilized egg from being implanted in the womb.

{It’s all in the mind, dearie…}

At the end of the day, it’s always the woman’s fault.

22 Likes

Then its fully appropriate to ask her how many rapist forced pregnancies she is ok with. One, two, ten?

Let her defend making any answer over zero.

17 Likes

And a lot of people will run with that as proof of her “expertise” like Paul Gosar being an expert in body language because he’s a dentist. A lot of folks (including some in the news media) will nod their heads. As @tao said " the casual acceptance of ignorance."

13 Likes

And what about the unreported rape cases, Einstein?

8 Likes

Post Truth
Post Consequences**
Post Reality

The modern GOP

** (that’s what they are aiming for)

11 Likes

What profiteth a political party to gain the world and lose their marbles?

9 Likes

I am reminded of how Republican Senate candidate Todd Akin lost in Missouri as recently as 2012. He claimed that women can “block” becoming pregnant from rape Here is a blurb from from a Google search:

In an effort to explain his stance on abortion , Representative Todd Akin of Missouri said women’s bodies can somehow block an unwanted …

Now in essence we have the whole Republican Party saying this! It didn’t turn out well for them that year in Missouri. I don’t see how or why it should turn out any better for them nationwide now, just ten years later.

9 Likes

Which if the rapist is the father or step-father it will rarely be reported and it will happen on multiple occasions raising the risks of pregnancy.

2 Likes

I believe it’s not D+2, but rather it’s 2 points bluer than it used to be; still leans red.

1 Like

I would not consider an LEO to be an expert on any aspect of pregnancy, or anything else of a medical nature. Saying it’s not likely a woman will get pregnant after a rape is plain ignorant.

7 Likes

Another former cop running for Republican office. With this SC and ex-cops in office in another 10 years the police will be beyond the reach of the law.
Judge, jury and executioners!

4 Likes

That they reflexively vote for idiots,

3 Likes

Apparently irony is still alive & kicking.

25 years ago*, medical professionals prescribed quick intercourse w/ as little lubrication as possible. Because (fact, hypothesis, myth, …?) that lubrication itself might block things.

Also, missionary followed by half an hour on your back, pelvis elevated, to encourage the little guys to swim in the right direction. In spite of telling girls that standing up, jumping up & down, & douching are not effective contraceptive methods.

*back in my infertile days.

7 Likes

It’s D+2 now (purple)

4 Likes
Vega simply noted that she is a mother of two who is “fully aware of how women get pregnant.”

You know, then, that if a PIV “encounter” takes place, the woman can become pregnant. Why don’t you also know that it doesn’t make any difference whether that “encounter” was consensual or it wasn’t?

3 Likes

I realize that this far from the largest problem with her statements, but shouldn’t law enforcement be responding to rape reports faster than the victims learn they’ve become pregnant? (not to mention that plan b ensures that the possibility of pregnancy remains a hypothetical that the victim doesn’t need to address again)

5 Likes

Apropos of being a republican

2 Likes

I wonder if she’s good with this. Pubbies have nurtured and given comfort to these guys for years.

7 Likes

Nope. VA-7 is D+2 now. Make sure you click on “New Map.”

6 Likes

Maybe they don’t get pregnant as much because they immediately do everything possible to obtain abortants and use them. But that would be too much to imagine for that ex-police officer to imagine because it would go against “God’s law”?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available