‘Gone Too Far’: GA Election Official Torches Trump, GOP Sens For Silence On Death Threats | Talking Points Memo

Much like Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensberger, his aide Gabriel Sterling is fed up with President Trump and the battleground state’s two Republican senators — Sens. David Perdue (R-GA) and Kelly Loeffler (R-GA), whose runoff elections in January will determine the balance of the Senate — for failing to condemn death threats of violence against election officials and workers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1347096

Good luck influencing Trump to tell his rabid fans to back off. More likely he’ll say keep going and I’ll pay your legal fees.

15 Likes

I am ashamed of what some people in this country think they can do to others just because their candidate did not win the office.
I commend Sterling for speaking up.

35 Likes

That deserves a BooYah! shout out to Mr Sterling.

Not prone to giving Rs a BooYah.
18 Likes

Civil war by Christmas?

2 Likes

Nobody who’s followed politics in America these past four years is surprised that the fascistgop has shown itself to be a political crime cult fashioned on the mafia, both American and Russian.

Of course prominent crime cult members refuse to speak out against threats of violence by their cult. It’s what they do.

10 Likes

Of all the places to be a bastion of sanity in the Right Wing fever swamps…Georgia?

25 Likes

So, we are waiting Senators…what say you?

12 Likes

Things are degenerating — quickly.

Never forgive! Never forget!

22 Likes

So now it’s shoot those who speak the truth. Even republicans

18 Likes

For 4 years you fuckers said NOTHING as the GOP machine turned its bazookas on Dems everywhere. Suddenly it’s turned on you and NOW you want it shut off? Go eff yourself you damn coward. You had years to call this off.
Reap what your party has sewn for yeeeeeeaaars…welcome to the party you built.

20 Likes

…or hang 'em it looks like

If direct, outspoken complaints such as this helps even a few Republicans realize what their party has become and reason not to support it or its candidates any longer that will be a very good thing.

Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. ... Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last?

Joseph N. Welch
17 Likes

How many people of color, especially women, have been receiving daily threats of death and rape for years now? This shouldn’t happen to anybody, but my sympathy for the GOPers who are just getting their first taste of this is somewhat limited.

16 Likes

If there’s ever a biopic of Sen Joe McCarthy I think Ted Cruz should play the role of McCarthy.
Just be yourself Ted, you’re a natural!

18 Likes

Even GW Bush is silent. His voice may carry some weight with these idjets in GA/

9 Likes

Day-um.

1 Like

Jimmy Carter sharing some calm, elder statesman words of wisdom would be rather awesome right about now.

6 Likes

Former GA Sen Sam Nunn is still around. A conservative Democrat way back when but not completely insane. Big on nuclear nonproliferation.
I wonder how he views the Senate today? Of course he could never get elected in today’s climate but a lot of older folks in GA might listen to and respect him.
???

9 Likes

Gabriel Sterling, you just made my list of good guys. I hope you completely realize what is happening and decide to join the Democratic party.

12 Likes