Gohmert Denies ‘Advocating For Violence’ Amid Failed Lawsuit | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) on Saturday denied “claims that he is advocating for violence” after he seemed to suggest just that as a remedy to President Donald Trump’s election loss during a Newsmax interview on Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1351779

Sorry Gomer, damage done. Your asshat believers have already heard you.

37 Likes

“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.”

40 Likes

O/T: Asimov wrote some good one-liners!

22 Likes

Doesn’t Nancy Pelosi have the option of not allowing seditionists to sit in Congress?

14 Likes

Nice country you got here. It would be a shame if anything happened to it. Not a threat you understand.

15 Likes

“Not my circus, not my monkeys.”

Gohmert should be censured by the House.

34 Likes

I’m sure that Louie had his fingers crossed behind his back when he suggested what we all know he was saying to gin up his base.

Exercise of power without accountability of any sort is a contemporary republican trademark, both a goal and a methodology.

12 Likes

(Gohmert) associated himself with the likes of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dr Martin Luther King Jr could not be reached for comment.

12 Likes

You misspelled “castrated”…

17 Likes

He’s really dumb for an incredibly stupid guy.

(Just how stupid is he, on a scale of one to Ron Johnson?)

53 Likes

“Backing away from any association with violence on Saturday, Gohmert said that while he associated himself with the likes of Martin Luther King, Jr. “that does not keep me from recognizing what lies ahead when the institutions created by a self-governing people to peacefully resolve disputes hide from their responsibility.””

He does not grasp what he just said. He really doesn’t comprehend.

24 Likes

When being utterly stupid just isn’t enough to prove your utter stupidity…

8 Likes

I figure I could teach advanced Algebra to a garden slug before Louie puts two and two together.

(And I am horrible at math)

11 Likes

Yeah been kinda staring at that in disbelief.

8 Likes

If we know anything about Louie Gohmert, it is that he is never nuanced in his responses to questions. Apparently referencing violence as a response to a court decision is not actually referencing violence to a court decision. His Gohmertness.strikes again. Good lord.

9 Likes

Gohmert is too ignorant and stupid to understand exactly what he said.

4 Likes

She should. Or at least, she should refer Gohmert to the House ethics committee.

8 Likes

Censure this bat-eared racist piece of shit and kick him the fuck out of Congress (next cycle).

6 Likes

Conservatives falsely label Antifa and BLM as violent terrorist movements so Gohmert was very clearly advocating for violence with his false equivalence. Typical Republican tactic: bait their base with violent or hateful rhetoric and then play the victim claiming they misspoke or were joking or were ignorant.

15 Likes