Giuliani Pal Admits To Funneling Foreign Money Into U.S Political Campaigns | Talking Points Memo

Nobody pop champagne until election is certified. Comments like his are laughable to us. Is team Cozy Trash Panda gonna mess with this California Gov. race?

And since the match lasted all of 80-something seconds, his hourly rate was huuugh! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

If you follow the link, this is a poll of Republicans, not all voters.

Suggested alternate headline - “Crazy people still crazy…”.

4 Likes

1 Like

Just ran across this on Politico, sourced from the AP:

Barrett concerned about public perception of Supreme Court

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett expressed concerns Sunday that the public may increasingly see the court as a partisan institution.

Justices must be “hyper vigilant to make sure they’re not letting personal biases creep into their decisions, since judges are people, too,” Barrett said at a lecture hosted by the University of Louisville’s McConnell Center.

I’ve tried several times to write anything in response to this … I got nothin’.

And speaking at the McConnell Center (yes, that McConnell), no less.

Irony isn’t just dead, it suicided.

5 Likes

Amy Coney Barrett is concerned that the citizenry might be watching what she is doing.

6 Likes

Wow, perceptive little miinx ain’t she?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Ok, so how about anyone with a Texas address gets banned. Do the whole State.

Whether he likes it or not, Facebook and other social media outlets are private businesses. For a guy that demands less government interference, he and the State are solidly wrong here.

4 Likes

A heavier weight of the elderly is inevitable. The population growth model of the past centuries is unsustainable for this planet.

1 Like

“Heh. You got me. Those duffel bags of cash weren’t actually for DMB tickets.”

All of these bumpkin-like shenanigans reminded me to watch (for the first time!) Ernst Lubitsch’s Ninotchka with Garbo and Melvyn Douglas. It holds up beautifully, while comically mirroring in broad strokes the foolishness of Mssrs. Fruman and Parnas.

3 Likes

@castor_troy don’t look now but your jerk is showing

I’d rather be a jerk helping to fund MAGA red-staters and people who don’t know what a condom is alike through my taxes than be a leech on the system.

But you do you, boo.

When I was last drifting lazily in my ‘happy place’, dreaming up possibly-useful federal governmental policies–probably just before Monicagate exploded onto the scene or thereabouts–I fantasized about a law to pick some crazy number of (non-adopted? non-fertility treatment single birth ‘event’?) offspring, beyond which to eliminate the US income tax code’s inclusion of them as dependent(s) at a minimum of one year in the future, so it’d affect zero ‘oven buns’ when it went into effect.

Basically, Quiverfull etc., families could continue to breed to their heart’s(?) content, but after…8(?), 10(?), 12(?) kids, We the People would stop subsidizing them. And, since I was fantasizing, anyway, every year after that it’d ratchet down 1 or 2 until a hard stop at 3 or 4–which would still mean a possible population explosion, if “lots” of people ‘maxed out’.

Of course, w/ the climate crisis upon us as it is and continuing (likely increasing), I’d be perfectly happy w/ it coming down to 2 (I think I recall that an average of 2.1 to 2.3(?) provides a flat/stable “replacement population”, i.e., neither growth nor decline and we (America and the world) really need to peak and start reducing our population pretty quickly).

[In the interest of full disclosure: I’m the first of six boys of my folks, w/ 20 years between me and my bookend/baby brother. Yup, “good Catholics” for a long time! My spouse and I had 3 (now adult and “non-toxic (I love that phrase, from Carl Reiner!))” kids ourselves). At this point, if it’s any of y’all’s bidness, it sounds like none of them expect to produce any of their own, though some are talking about possible adoption(s), in the future.]

1 Like

Oh, but it is fraudulent use of a SSN.

Which is not the same thing as “dey’re stealin ar retirement moneys!”

1 Like

I’d call that a clean split : - )

I’m telling you. Conservatives have discovered the power of creating “object things” — people, citizens, immigrants, babies, fetuses, judges… and everyone’s favorite – corporations.

Equality becomes a concept. Not a physical fact.

1 Like

Thank you for recommending this movie. Watched it last night with Mr. CNYExpat and loved it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available