Giuliani Pal Admits To Funneling Foreign Money Into U.S Political Campaigns | Talking Points Memo

NEW YORK – An associate of Rudy Giuliani’s told a federal judge on Friday that he solicited campaign contributions from a wealthy foreigner as part of a bizarre plot to get political juice for a marijuana business.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387222
1 Like

Shocked/not shocked that the “evil weed” can so easily be found acceptable by the old guard if they can make legit income from selling it.

31 Likes

Judge, I didn’t mean to do nobody wrong, your honor, sir. You gotta believe me. I wouldn’t have done it if I had known. I’m sorry, Judge.

8 Likes

Fruman did not sign any cooperation agreement with prosecutors. He agreed to a maximum sentence of 46 months behind bars as part of the agreement.

We’ll see how he feels about a cooperation agreement after about twelve months. No club fed for him.

24 Likes

Did the money end up in campaigns? Seems like an important piece of information.

42 Likes

Republicans will do anything for it!

21 Likes

So, he pleaded guilty to one charge and will go to court on the others?

9 Likes

So between Igor and Rudy, who was Cheech and who was Chong?

13 Likes

Gee. If one didn’t know better Igor’s behavior would seem almost … criminal.

30 Likes
2 Likes

the pot plot

Anybody know if it’s true @irasdad has already cornered the market?

14 Likes

Does he think Giuliani is as guilty as the rest of us do?

19 Likes

Let’s nip this rumor in the bud.

17 Likes

Fun Fact: In every known language, “America First” means “Funded by Ex-Soviets”.

81 Likes

It will be interesting to see if he gets expelled back to the Ukraine the way they revoke citizenship of Latinos for minor offences.

24 Likes

And by local elections I believe those were in FL. So how many local campaign managers are sweating in FL, and not from COVID?
I also wonder if any of those foreign campaign funds ended up in those “shadow candidate’s” campaigns?

And just on a side note, Rudy seems to be the bait that attracts all the schmoes.

25 Likes

Who was Bevis and who was Butthead?

5 Likes

While Rudy, Lev, and Igor thought they were

13 Likes

I see we’re ending this week on a high note.

17 Likes

OT: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/10/1035653392/pope-francis-and-other-christian-leaders-are-calling-for-bold-climate-action

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available