Giuliani: Can’t Say ‘100%’ Trump Didn’t Use Aid As Leverage For Ukraine Biden Probe | Talking Points Memo

President Trump’s lawyer wouldn’t say for sure Monday that Trump didn’t threaten to cut off aid to Ukraine if the country didn’t investigate Joe Biden’s son.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1250313

I don’t have our version - we haven’t finalized our lies yet.

21 Likes

There are reports the money has been released. I’m curious of the date and time the order to release the funding occurred, and who ordered it. Trump? Was there any discussion with the entity in control of the money beyond the order to release it? Some inordinate sense of urgency after all the earlier delay? Where does the timeline of the funding release fit in with all the other events being discussed? If I were on an oversight committee I’d want to look at all that.

5 Likes

Which proves, once more, what I have been saying for some time: Trump and Giuliani rarely communicate.

1 Like

If I am ever hauled into court for jaywalking, I want Rudy to be my lawyer, because I have always wanted to spend 35 years in Leavenworth after being convicted of the charge of jaywalking.

12 Likes

I don’t have our version”

Rudy Rudy Rudy…

The official talking points were handed out last Friday. Every tRUMP troll and fluffer has been spreading them over the Internet all weekend.

9 Likes

“Well I can’t tell you it’s 100 percent, I don’t have our version,” Giuliani said.

Man, Rumpy Grumbles is slipping. He meant to say, “I don’t have our lastest version”.

7 Likes

Oh, but their lawyers do.

1 Like

"That was a false story,” Giuliani replied.

“One hundred percent?” Bartiromo pressed.

“Well I can’t tell you it’s 100 percent,” Giuliani said.

“I would like to take this opportunity to emphasize that there is no cannibalism in the British Navy. Absolutely none! And when I say ‘none’, I mean there is a certain amount…”

20 Likes

What are the documented reasons the money was withheld?

Were those reasons cured or was there some other change in circumstance (other than Congressional inquiries starting), such that withholding was no longer necessary? And where is the documentation of that?

3 Likes

24 Likes

Does this gas lighting make me look orange?

17 Likes

When Rudi says he “can’t say 100%” that means there’s solid evidence. Because he’s been happy to proclaim lots of things that weren’t true when he thought he wouldn’t get caught.

11 Likes

BUDGET & APPROPRIATIONS

Trump holds up Ukraine military aid meant to confront Russia

By CAITLIN EMMA and CONNOR O’BRIEN

08/28/2019 06:11 PM EDT

Updated 08/29/2019 03:40 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Trump administration is slow-walking $250 million in military assistance to Ukraine, annoying lawmakers and advocates who argue the funding is critical to keeping Russia at bay.

President Donald Trump asked his national security team to review the funding program, known as the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, in order to ensure the money is being used in the best interest of the United States, a senior administration official told POLITICO on Wednesday.

5 Likes

The slow bleed works again. Trump did it, just bleed it out slowly.

1 Like

All of these statements mean zit point shit. Once he’s under oath, then maybe he’ll say.

Now, how to get him, and the whistleblower, under oath? And that needs to happen soon, before it all blows over.

1 Like

S.O.P. for the Trump Administration:

1. It never happened. Fake News!
  2. Well, maybe it happened, but not in that way.
  3. OK, it happened, but it’s all normal.
  4. OK, it wasn’t normal, but it’s not criminal.
  5. It never happened. Fake News!
  6. Squirrel!
9 Likes

The answer to that question is; YES.

1 Like

“Giuliani, in his capacity as Trump’s attorney, has pushed the story for weeks, and promised in light of the recent coverage that there was more to come.”

He was right about there being more to come, just not their lies about the Bidens. What a bunch of f/ups.

2 Likes

but if he did , it’s not illegal, he’s the president the president can do whatever he wants, so there! :tired_face:

it’s so hard not to hate these people

1 Like