Ginni Thomas Will Testify In Front Of Jan. 6 Panel This Week

Ginni Thomas, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife, will have her voluntary interview with the House Jan. 6 Committee this week, according to committee chair Bennie Thompson (D-MS).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433983

Call me crazy, call me foolish, but I don’t trust Ginni Thomas.

51 Likes

I expect nothing to come of this.

And that’s an excessive expectation, by all reports.

19 Likes

I expect her to reveal herself to be a complete dipshit, but probably not a notable figure in any of the criminal conspiracies. The real players tolerate Ginni solely because of who she’s married to, but nobody trusts her not to be a total fuckup.

52 Likes

Ok, maybe a better phrasing is ‘nothing useful’.

10 Likes

Everyone get ready to down shot of your favorite hooch every time she takes the fifth

2 Likes

The Thomases are a symbiosis defiling the entire Civil Rights Era. They both have set back more progress than the people we label as the Bigots of that period.

22 Likes

It’s possible she could provide useful information on Eastman or Meadows. I just wouldn’t expect anything especially explosive. I mostly expect her to rely on a lack of recollection for anything that isn’t documented or otherwise nailed down. I will be surprised if she pleads the Fifth, as that would create obvious problems for her spouse.

30 Likes

No executive privilege

No attorney/client privilege

All she has is her 5th Amendment right

Oh, and the right to lie, of course.

But not without consequences…

How many lawyers will she bring?

Will hubby be one of them? (don’t laugh)

12 Likes

Ginni will probably be able to confirm some stuff, but will offer zero new information.

5 Likes

It’s really too bad that she doesn’t know any good lawyers. She might need one.

19 Likes

I bet she’ll offer some previously undisclosed color, but nothing that is going to blow anybody up.

21 Likes

Shall we start a pool to guess how many times that despicable dowager takes the 5th?

2 Likes

This. Even by Q-ish Republican standards, I don’t think that she’s the sharpest spoon in the drawer.

16 Likes

Zero. She has not been implicated in anything criminal – at the very most, she might be a bit player on the electoral college fraud – and it would be a disaster for her husband’s remaining shreds of professional credibility.

29 Likes

Yeah, imagine being so dimwitted that you genuinely explain to the White House Chief of Staff that the Biden Crime Family were going to be sent to Guantanamo Bay for military tribunals. Bitch, please.

34 Likes

Let’s shoot for “At The Very Most”…I’m a reasonable guy.

13 Likes

Yet.

If we’ve learned anything, the MAGAhole goes deep with criminality and the Jan 6th committee is sitting on a boatload of non-public testimony and evidence.

13 Likes

Speaking of which: We. Must. Keep. The. House.

28 Likes

Will she be testifying under oath?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available