Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State Slams Criticism From GOP Senators | Talking Points Memo

Georgia’s top elections official, a Republican, dismissed a call to resign from Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) and David Perdue (R-GA) on Monday, telling them in no uncertain terms to focus on their own upcoming races for reelection. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1343826

Good. Some of the worms are turning.

4 Likes

Wild Aaron Rupar thread and amazingly, it looks like the press has its claws out.

5 Likes

I love the fact that watching intra-party cannibalism is free. It’d suck if it were a pay-per-view spectacle.

6 Likes

I’m fine with a completely partisan hack in an office that oversees elections as long as they follow the law and make sure the election is run fairly, honestly, and without interference or cheating. It looks like Raffensperger is doing that, and good for him for doing so. Hopefully he keeps it up, and doesn’t fall for the temptation to help Perdue and Loeffler…this may just sabotage any hope they had for him to put his thumb on the scale for him. He’s still a Republican hack, hopefully he loses in his next election, but if he continues to follow the law and principles of elections in the US he’s doing what he should be doing and it’s a good thing.

Too bad so many other Republicans right now are being such sore losers and trying to overturn the results of the election (at least the parts of it they lost). I’m in Judy Chu’s district, she won about 73% of the vote, and her Republican opponent has said he will refuse to concede…it’s just nonsense they are acting this way, and unhealthy for the nation.

5 Likes

The old GOP is too left for the Tea Party, and the Tea Party is inadequately loony for QAnon. I’m beginning to feel that if I will be disappointed if the GOP splits into two bloody, Game of Thrones style factions. Three is possible! Imagine the additional potential for carnage!

6 Likes

Let’s shoot for the moon. How about the GOP descending into a Hobbesian war of all against all?

2 Likes

Maga-hat Red in tooth and claw?

3 Likes

They are trying to to pressure him into stealing the runoff election.

2 Likes

The chief election official making unsubstantiated charges of unspecified fraud and announcing his preferences in an upcoming election? Hmmm. Must be some new normal I haven’t heard about before. The fact that he’s being held out as an example of a Good Republican says a lot.

3 Likes

His refusal is sliding down the Chute of Irrelevance. The chute empties into a very efficient furnace.

4 Likes

The butt-hurt is strong on Planet Georgia, Luke.

1 Like

Yes, it’s just really the rudeness of it all that’s galling…remember in 2016 when Republicans were demanding Hillary concede on election night? They have some nerve acting like this, but it’s how the Republican party is now, fully of liars and hypocrites.

4 Likes

Sir, I think it is most appropriate that you posit a Game of Thrones style of outcome here, because…

2 Likes

Yep Elected/Selected GOP members all have to be purged… the sooner the better.

How did an honest person get elected as a Republican?

Also, too - " Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State Slams Criticism From GOP Senators". This is where we are at. You can’t just say the Sec. of State. You have to say the “Republican” Sec., of State so there is not screaming about bias.