Georgia’s Lt. Governor Doesn’t Seem Eager For Trump To Visit This Weekend | Talking Points Memo

Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan (R) doesn’t seem to eager to make himself available to join President Donald Trump’s Senate runoff campaign activities in the state this weekend, in a move that sharply diverges from a trend of Republican officials who flocked to be seen alongside Trump before his electoral defeat.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1346992

Duncan does not want to be within 10 miles of the Trump radiation zone - especially when there is no way to predict how he will explode next -
take this gem for example …

23 Likes

Duncan has to take his dog to the groomer and pick up his dry cleaning on Saturday.

19 Likes

“I’ve got a full day on Saturday,” Duncan said, adding that he wasn’t aware of Trump’s travel details. […] “I’m not certain of the governor’s travel schedule,” he said.

For an almost-Governor, he is remarkably ignorant, whether abysmally or strategically.

Either way he has a bright future in the Republican Party.

11 Likes

You realize that Trump has no ability to stay on any message that helps the Georgia candidates. He is going peddle his voter fraud claptrap. He is going to peddle it hard. A lot of people at the rally are going to wonder why they should vote.

38 Likes

Sadism.

That’s what Trump offers.

8 Likes

And he has to wash his hair.

13 Likes

Yes, Trumpscum, all elections are fake and phoney, and you should never vote again, since it’s a waste of your time and effort.

8 Likes

… absolutely correct - especially when you consider Trump’s pathological maniacal obsession with delivering insults and punishment to those who he is convinced have slighted / wronged / betrayed him -

• Gov. Kemp
  • Lt. Gov Duncan
  • Secretary of State Raffensperger

will all be likely targets of his wrath - will get that 10X vengeance - because
… they didn’t “F’ing Do SOMETHING!!”

19 Likes

Think it is pretty sure bet that the GBI will have a surge of threats to investigate after this weekend, I hope Kemp, Duncan and Raffensperger enjoy having increased security details for their families over the Holidays.

Well, this is so rich it must be fattening.

17 Likes

But do you really believe that? I would think if someone is telling me there may be fraud going on - that makes me all the more want to get to the poll and make sure my vote is counted.

I just keep questioning this whole line - he’ll make people not want to vote by talking about how the system is rigged.

Granted they may not vote absentee ballot since trump says they aren’t good and then on election day for whatever reason not make it to the polls to vote - which would be a negative for the repubs.

1 Like

Whatever happens, Dems need to vote as if republicans weren’t incompetent and had their shit together, because obviously that hasn’t stopped a large amount of republicans from voting each cycle.

Way to important to think that maybe republicans wont come out to vote so why bother.

19 Likes

`“… our Republican party, which is certainly bigger than one person long term,”

Think so, huh?

11 Likes

“I’ve got a full day on Saturday,” Duncan said.

Everyone knows that’s the day he rearranges his sock drawer.

8 Likes

When asked during a CNN interview early Tuesday if he would be present when the President arrived in Georgia on Saturday to campaign for GOP candidates in the state’s upcoming runoff elections, the GOP official suggested his schedule was packed.

Duncan is hurriedly scheduling a colonoscopy, root canal and looking for opportunities to volunteer and change cat litter boxes at his local cat shelter.

He’s a busy Lima Bean!

16 Likes

Although Duncan was cautious about formally rebuking the President, he said that he was “not a fan of any of this misinformation.”

“I think we hurt the brand of our Republican party, which is certainly bigger than one person long term,” Duncan said.

Hey Duncan, if it weren’t for misinformation the Republican Party would have no information at all.

Duncan and Kemp do you know what’s in your tweeter feed? (God I can’t believe some hasn’t created a meme for this, what kind of country are we living in)

8 Likes

Unfortunately there are still some people out here like my moronic neighbor who has his Trump flag still flying, so I, of course, have keep my Biden/Harris sign up but have added Flip the Senate, vote for Warnock and Ossoff.

12 Likes

Do you live amongst the Trump Illuminati? They’ve all been programed to follow Trump’s gut.

3 Likes

It is a shame we don’t have a clear picture of the ethics violations or violations of federal securities laws. Lankford, an evangelical with a theology degree, did nothing about pretty cut-and-dried self-dealing, which goes to the duty of loyalty all senators have to their constituents. It is a scandal, maybe not Teapot Dome-level, but still a scandal in any other age. O tempora, o mores.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available