Georgia House GOPers Vote To Repeal Delta Tax Break After CEO Slams Voting Law | Talking Points Memo

Georgia’s GOP-led House voted to strip a major jet fuel tax break for Delta Air Lines worth tens of million of dollars on Wednesday after the company’s CEO publicly issued a stern condemnation of the restrictive provisions in the state’s new voting law.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1367738

As Ron Burgundy said “that escalated quickly! I mean like things really got out of hand fast!”

18 Likes

With Citizens United rulings, I wonder if the GOP can punish a Corp for its political views.

17 Likes

Wow, the depth of the venal stupidity is astounding.

36 Likes

A lot of cities in other states with friendly legislatures, Delta.

32 Likes

Charlotte NC has already been suggested.

17 Likes

Wow. Said the quiet part outloud. That is some epic stupid.

20 Likes

Coca Cola, MLB, UPS, etc.

You really need to get in front of this. More than any previous press releases you may have issued.

Sounds like any stimulus money Georgia was going to get should be to diverted to pay the Delta fuel tax.

15 Likes

Repubs reward their cronies and ass-kissers and punish anyone who speaks out against their policies, regardless of past support.

That seems infinitely sustainable; actually, not.

Wouldn’t Repubs figure out they’ll run out of abject followers eventually, since what they advocate and abhor can change by the minute?

9 Likes

OK, looks like war. Now it’s Delta’s move. Just tell Georgia to fuck off, you’re moving to another state, I’ll bet there are states that would love to have you.

25 Likes

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

LBJ

29 Likes

OT: it just got creepier…

24 Likes

One would think that’s not remotely possible. But yet you provide proof.

21 Likes

Your move, Delta.

13 Likes

Literally…

21 Likes

Sir, It’s my duty. /s

8 Likes

Government going after an individual for expressing his opinion? Hey conservatives…this is what a violation of someone’s first amendment rights looks like. You’re welcome!

27 Likes

The Georgia lege must have taken the same class in "How to be petty for fun and profit" that TMFWWNBN and Greg Abbott god such high marks in.

12 Likes

The eyes of Texas are upon you.

2 Likes

OT—but hilarious!

Sidney Powell gets $103,000.00 bill from Wisconsin: Governor demands legal fees over election lawsuit.

34 Likes