Gaetz To Yell His Way Through Scandal By Kicking Up Dirt Within GOP Amid Sex Trafficking Probe

From the story by Shuham and Richards:

“Roger, come Jan 21st, I have to do what’s best for me and my family,” Greenberg wrote to Stone in December. (President Biden was inaugurated on Jan. 20.) “I know understand. This is my life , I’ve got two young kids. You think MG is going to come visit me in prison?”

Greenberg is openly threatening both Gaetz and Trump if Stone isn’t able to get him a pardon. It’s not subtle.

Gaetz will have a tough time bursting through on anything with Greenberg singing like a canary. If Greenberg has screenshots of these exchanges with Stone, he certainly has records, and probably pictures, documenting these sex exchanges.

34 Likes

It most certainly is. Kudos to Cristina and the TPM editors. Outstanding!

12 Likes

It certainly looks that way. There is no bottom, until, suddenly, there is a bottom. No one cares until, for some unforeseeable reason, circumstances change. Then there’s hell to pay. You never know when that switch gets flipped, but it almost always does.

14 Likes

Greenberg was probably laying the groundwork for blackmail, a pardon or a criminal defense concurrently with all the sexual hijinks with Gaetz. He was aware of a slip-up or two in what he was doing and how well he was hiding or containing it early on. But is was an addiction of sorts, so rather than stop he just started covering contingencies for when things inevitably, eventually went to hell.

15 Likes

Just charge and arrest him already.

14 Likes

Somebody get Matt a new shovel, he’s worn this one out.

10 Likes

Think all the screenshots means he was working to get evidence for the prosecutors that would help him come sentencing time.

If he manages to take down Gaetz and Roger, I’m putting him in for the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

36 Likes

The spectacle will reportedly begin on May 7 in Florida at The Villages

So can we expect an indictment and arrest on May 6? I suspect Kevin McCarthy has been getting notes from his caucus, asking him to urge the DOJ to hurry things along…

4 Likes

He was in line to get one from Trump before he left office, but he couldn’t come up with the $1,000,000 fee.

4 Likes

Oh, well, he can try again in August once Trump’s back in office.

11 Likes

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) plans to burst back onto the scene with guns blazing through a public crusade to take down “RINOs” (“Republicans In Name Only”), along with Democrats, as the feds investigate him for alleged sex trafficking.

Gaetz is teaming up with far-right extremist Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) to launch an “America First Tour,” where they’ll rail against “the radical left” and Republicans who they believe aren’t loyal enough to ex-President Donald Trump.

I approve this plan 100%

16 Likes

Shouldn’t Boebert and her exhibitionist husband get in on this act too?

18 Likes

Please proceed. Matt and Marjorie–we need as the face of the Republican Party for while yet. Go for it!

10 Likes

OT but perfect!

DNC chair Jaime Harrison says on MSNBC that if Republicans want to filibuster the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, let them stand, let their feet bleed and “let the American people see that they are filibustering.”

— Hugo Lowell (@hugolowell) April 30, 2021
41 Likes

Groundbreaking from Trump:

• Trump states (in the 2016 Campaign) that he liked military people who did not get
    captured
  • John McCain, hearing this, smugly says that it was not HIM that Trump disparaged, but all the other people and families similarly affected
  • Trump–in essence–says, “So the fuck WHAT?
  • Trump’s popularity is either not affected or increases
11 Likes

It’s August now? I wish they’d make up their minds because every time I erase the obsolete date it leaves this big smeary spot on the calendar. :angry:

20 Likes

Mamas, lock up your daughters. Especially if they’re underage.

3 Likes

Hey! You going to the new rally?

We have a rally?

Yeah, Gaetz and Greene.

Really? Well I need to clean out the kitchen grease trap that night. You are going to have to tell me something more to make me break that date.

4 Likes

I would love to see Gaetz arrested and cuffed, on stage, at one of these rallies.

18 Likes

This is exactly why we elect these officials: to whine and scream and kick and fight one another.

Instead of working for a living. That’s for the weak.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available