Gaetz Blames Florida’s Spike In COVID Cases On ‘Strategic’ Testing | Talking Points Memo

These guys just permanently lost themselves Florida. When there are counter-protests in the villages against trump (the important sub-text of the “white power video”) they have lost.

No amount of gaslighting can make people forget who is responsible for the massively elevated level of infection in Florida, nor who did victory laps in May as they reopened the economy w/o safeguards, and the economic damage and death that is coming Florida’s way is going to be New York City epic, if not worse given less robust Heath care systems likely to be quickly swamped. And the contrast with other states that were not lead by sociopathic fascist boot-lickers Is going to be stark.

Making your entire (older) voting base not only fear for their lives, but lose them, is not a winning electoral strategy.

20 Likes

Mr. Gaetz (R-Drunk Driver) is a goddam idiot. If we want to play the numbers game then let’s zero in on the only two numbers that matter- the R factor and Capacity.

The R factor is a somewhat unknown estimate based on evidence, but the capacity number is a Hard F-ing Target. If it’s going up, you have more cases. Period.

Regardless these dumb-asses have played with fire and are in the process of burning down the house.

16 Likes

Wow, 40,000 new “strategic” cases in Florida since last week!

It’s not gonna be pretty down there with the clown college government they have running the show.

8 Likes

These people make you wonder…

Wonder how many (excess) funerals there have already been in The Villages… Wonder how many there will be in the coming 4-6 weeks… Wonder how many neighbors, partners and spouses have to die before it sinks in there’s something wrong… Wonder when it occurs to the resident Trumpsters that the “hoax” is killing them off more quickly…

11 Likes

Wow… :astonished:

1 Like

They all conveniently omit to mention that hospitalization is up as well. They can’t explain that with this bullshit, so they don’t even try. Didn’t he have the virus? It doesn’t leave you with a diminished ability to be a jackass, apparently.

9 Likes

The most useful thing he did (for “his side”) was to insinuate this:

the absolute radical approach to shutting things down hasn’t worked really anywhere

“Radical” is obviously bad. No need to even discuss this.

Will this kind of thing help (“his side”)? I don’t know.

Like all propaganda, its effect is best measured in the cumulative.

8 Likes

Matt, did Devin’s cow tell you that?

7 Likes

A June 15 CNN piece on Rebekah Jones, the young lady fired from her state position tracking Florida’s COVID19 stats–

Went on to continue shining light on the state’s numbers using the Johns Hopkins COVID19 reporting platform to track Florida’s actual case stats:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

Ms Jones appears to be the lone beacon that allows some notion of the disparities in Florida’s tracking numbers.

15 Likes

I blame Matt Gaetz’s very existence on testing – testing that went horribly, horribly awry. They should have just smashed and incinerated THAT test tube.

3 Likes

No surprise. It just becomes more ridiculous every passing minute. Fox New’s slogan as first uttered by Alfred E. Neuman, "What me worry?"

3 Likes

People need to be reminded that Gaetz’ first response to Covid-19 was to publicly laugh it off.

There are 3500 grieving Florida families that should have a word with the young gentlemen.

9 Likes

Thanks for that update.

Wrote about her a few weeks ago, because she spoke up:

As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months,” the data scientist added. “After all, my commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no longer managing it.

Rebekah Jones is not only a dedicated professional.

She is a hero.

She has “only” an undergraduate education and she’s quite young, having left school less than a decade ago.

(The photograph is recent – and it does not do justice to her courage.)

10 Likes

Ms Smith : “Well, as you know, President Sasha Obama felt that banning them was anti-democratic, but after the overthrow of the electoral college, the people voted them banned.”

1 Like

Right, just like he’s never drunk because of “strategic boozing.”

Go back to your rent boy, alkie pervert.

6 Likes

Gaetz is a prime dickhead among dickheads.

6 Likes

So the asswipe can’t even bring himself to mention masks because his boss is against them? And yeah, radical shutting down has worked pretty much everywhere it’s been done. Does require actual shutting down, though.

6 Likes

It was later revealed Gaetz was drunk when he said this.

3 Likes

How does a man as dumb as Gaetz (and he is pretty typical of the Republican caucus in Congress) remember to breathe in and out?

4 Likes

Who knew that The Hanging Chad state has advanced to levels of Strategic Testing during Pandemic.

1 Like