GA Officials: We Voted For Trump But We Need To Call Out His Election Fraud Falsehoods | Talking Points Memo

Georgia officials have President Trump’s bogus election fraud claims on their mind — and they’re fed up with the sitting president’s falsehoods amid his ongoing refusal to concede and fruitless legal battles contesting the legitimacy of the election process.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1347746

Well they know the election was honest and want folks to know and believe that because they will be to blame if not. But that doesn’t mean they like Democratic ways of governing because they will be a little less rich.

21 Likes

won’t make a dent in the cult

10 Likes

Weaklings! Deep State! Conspiracy! Traitors! Who brainwashed them? Haven’t they seen all the evidence?

6 Likes

Hard to commend them for voting so irresponsibly.

22 Likes

Only when it hits home do they criticize the MF.

30 Likes

And still vote to keep the criminally corrupt GOP in power in the Senate.

40 Likes

If one of them were attacked by a MAGA type, the others would still be pro Trump.
The person who is getting off the hook that shouldn’t is McConnell.

20 Likes

This GEORGIA election was corrupted. SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP BY NOT VOTING IN THE GEORGIA SENATE RACE. DO NOT VOTE IN THE GEORGIA SENATE RACE. SUPPORT REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVES BY NOT VOTING IN THE GEORGIA SENATE RACE. PRESIDENT TRUMP APPROVES THIS MESSAGE.

11 Likes

I fully expected Drumpf’s twitter account to be laced with attacks on the GA officials, but nothing yet.

Just the same fever swamps bullshit as always.

1 Like

Sure they say that now, but once the MAGA zombies eat their brains, they won’t be able to say it any more, will they?

10 Likes

GA Officials: We Voted For Trump…

I spotted your mistake right there.

26 Likes

GA officials were ok with him until they started getting death threats. Ethics is not their problem here.

26 Likes

It’s not just Republicans on this side this time. Even in polling up to 2019, up to 50 percent of Democrats think Russians flipped votes on machines. So this is going both ways,” Sterling said. “It’s undermining democracy, and we’ve got to get to a point where responsible people act responsibly.”

Another great example of facts meeting whataboutism. In the closet of their own secret fantasies, known as QANON, Democrats are responsible for all evil so taking steps to destroy the very institutions that put them in office becomes rational.

17 Likes

The whole point of voting for Trump is to get those uppity “others” in line. Who could have predicted that uppity other meant just about EVERYBODY.

18 Likes

It’s fascinating when they reveal which of Trump’s crimes don’t disqualify him or how much perfidy he can pile up and not lose a solitary vote.

shame

16 Likes

Dear Mr. Sterling,

Forget about Trump’s nearly four years in office, over which you chose to give him another four years, by giving him your vote on November 3rd.

Look at what he’s been doing since the election, and tell us whether or not you’d vote for him now.

We’ll wait…

Sincerely,
Sentient Americans

34 Likes

“I wish he would have won,” Raffensperger said.

The guy who I acknowledge engages in open lies, decent and fraudulent claims, and is now responsible for having death threats sent to me and my family? Yeah, he’s the one I think is best fit to be President. Makes perfect sense.

The GOP is fucking hopeless.

EDIT: Although, I suppose to be fair, what else is he going to say if he wants the death threats to stop? “I wouldn’t vote for this clown anymore, knowing what I do now?” probably wouldn’t do his family any favors.

49 Likes

Duncan added that if he had a chance to spend five minutes with every voter in Georgia who doubts the election results, “I’d be able to win their hearts over” by “separating fact from fiction.”

This is almost as delusional as the stuff Trump regularly spouts. There is not a chance Trump’s base listens to reason. If they did, we wouldn’t be where we are today as regards to the election or with Covid.

25 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes