GA Gov Knocks CEO Of One Of State’s Biggest Corporations For Bashing Law | Talking Points Memo

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) on Monday took a swipe at Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian after the executive of the corporation based in the state blasted the “unacceptable” new Georgia voting law.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1368265
1 Like

Just when you thought the Kempster couldn’t get any more clueless, he surprises with an epic slam-dunk of stupid.

Again, Delta cancel all Delta flights to and from the six smaller airports you serve in Georgia, and make all flights in and out of Atlanta have a three stopover minimum.

24 Likes

I see the podiatric target practice continues apace.

Proceed.

18 Likes

One foot at a time…

14 Likes

From wiki…“Bastian began his career as an [auditor] in New York City at Price Waterhouse, now. During a 1981 annual review, he uncovered a $50 million [fraud] scheme involving ad powerhouse J. Walter Thompson. This prompted a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigation, leaving many PWC executives with marred careers. A few years later, Bastian was named partner at age 31.”

Mr. Bastian certainly seems capable of judging for himself what’s behind that law.

28 Likes

The Repugnic-ants go marching toe by toe…

4 Likes

Fascists gotta be fascistic, no matter the target!!

4 Likes

I wonder if all these spats have gotten people to read the law.

11 Likes

34 Likes

It’s something about water, if I recall correctly.

5 Likes

You know, Governor Kemp, they don’t really need to address specific points in the bill because the Republican embrace of the Big Lie makes you a bigoted fringe extremist group as far as the rest of the world is concerned and they buy more plane tickets than you do–pissing Republicans off is now good business and good publicity. The worst that’s going to happen to Delta is some mouth-breathing belligerent MAGA chuds will choose a different airline to travel on–no doubt Delta considers that, too, a win.

16 Likes

The next time I hear anybody say “cancel culture,” I shall be quite cross.

Quite.

16 Likes

I propose a separate fare surcharge labeled “Governor Kemp Tax Increase” on the affected flights.

18 Likes

Fred’s CropDusting?

9 Likes

Dear Governor Kemp: Kindly stick it where the Sun don’t shine.

5 Likes

Bash away you moronic little turd. You were SOS and then Governor for the past 10 years and WROTE THE VOTING LAWS. After 3 investigations and recounts no fraud was found but BY GOD YOU NEED TO RESTRICT VOTING because all them persons of color voted. You are a liar, a fraud, a hypocrite and WAY over your skis. No corporation needs to ‘listen’ to you. You silly idiot.

15 Likes

WAAAAAAAH!!! But it’s supposed to be a white people country!!!

13 Likes

So Repubs will stop flying?

4 Likes

“Nooooooo!! It’s like 1865 all over again!” :rofl:

10 Likes

“But I don’t wanna eat my democracy!!!”

9 Likes