Fowl Play: Trump Bravely Vows To Fight Utterly Fabricated War On Thanksgiving | Talking Points Memo

I am all in for changing the name from Thanksgiving to “Fuck Trump” day.

32 Likes

20 Likes

This is what War on Thanksgiving looks like:

palinTurkey

38 Likes

Once more into the breach, comrades!

Well, actually, comrades, carry on. I’ve got to rub in some ointment for these bone spurs.

12 Likes

Will Cheetolini dodge THIS war too?

18 Likes

Have to admit that this post applies way too often.

1 Like

Fool!

1 Like

“He compared the nonexistent Thanksgiving controversy to the equally nonexistent Christmas controversy…”

Did he blame “Bernie Bernstein” again?

30 Likes

“So, perhaps what he’s talking about is just all these stories about, you know, your carbon footprint and the amount of energy you use to travel over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house,” he continued, making awkward references to both the musical “Into the Woods”

I love how young the TPM staff writers are – because the phrase “over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house” greatly predates (by 140 years) “Into the Woods”

ETA: I remembered the song because it was a perennial at the annual Christmas assemblies in elementary school – and the year my class had to sing it, i could not remember the words to save my life.

29 Likes

Well, at out house it was always, “Happy Turkey Day!” Which in hindsight I must admit that we were indeed happy…but the turkey wasn’t.

It was delicious though, so there was that.

13 Likes

I remember this…had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

11 Likes

If people stop calling it “Turkey Day,” I might begrudgingly support this effort.
(With all due apologies to @imkmu3!)

2 Likes

That is not a turkey in the background, it’s Bible Spice’s marriage. This is just the liberal media lying again.

10 Likes

I was proud to serve in the 101st Gravy & Mashed Potatoes Regiment.

48 Likes

God I remember the Battle of Oyster Stuffing - it was brutal.

50 Likes

Used to–haven’t for many years. Now it Gay Indian Veterans Liberation Day.

16 Likes

Absolutely. Lies even when he doesn’t have to. Starts the morning with lies, lies to himself in the mirror, lies to the guy he orders breakfast from, lies to the guy who brings the breakfast, then he kicks it into a higher gear for the grueling lie-fest that each day brings. His entire mode of operation is to lie to people, so he knows he still has the power to manipulate EVERY SINGLE BEING ON EARTH into his ‘reality’ of the moment.

21 Likes

Really sobering article from Dahlia Lithwick, someone I have immense respect for.

20 Likes

You know, I could see Donnie blaming the godless libs for waging war on Christmas or even Easter, but Thanksgiving? I don’t know anyone who hates Thanksgiving except maybe a sentient turkey.

17 Likes

I saw on facebook a suggestion that he’s confusing it with the quest to change Columbus Day. That at least makes sense.

29 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available