Former Trump Critics Offer Befuddling, Dodgy Defense Of Use Of Military Against Rivals

Don’t even get me started on the lowest inflation since forever and all the green energy jobs created. These people are all as deluded as their leader if they think President Biden has not done an amazing job the last four years. Yes, mistakes were made…but that makes him a fallible human being.

12 Likes

Hungary for more?

3 Likes

OT: Has the conviction today of a corrupt GOP election official made any difference?

Why could the Trumpista possibly be so defiant about the convictions that their corruption causes?

3 Likes

If I were still Hungary, I would ask for some Turkey without any Greece.

2 Likes

So, somewhere near on the left side of point (a)

6 Likes

Of course, when the check was brought, my mate says "Better look and czech how much Egypt you.

5 Likes

Um, I kind of see him as activated sludge as well.

2 Likes

Just don’t go Russian in.

3 Likes

Ya know what’s also two sizes too small?
His love-mushroom.

No rush. I was dressing.

2 Likes

Dead cats. Like they did in the southern towns Mark Twain wrote about in Huck Finn.

Nancy Pelosi is “obsessed with Trump,” says the VP candidate for the guy who is so freaked out by Nancy Pelosi that he just promised to sic the U.S. military on her if he gets re-elected.

Such buffoons, as DK observes, which cannot be separated from their pathetic overwhelming desire to become Big Man Fascist killers.

6 Likes

Only literal, definitely not figurative.

1 Like

For a lot of them (e.g. Mitch McConnell), it’s not a matter of what Trump has on them; it’s the fact that Trump holds the fate of the Republican Party in his short-fingered, vulgar hands. Trump has a death grip on the GOP base and the party won’t survive without the support of its base.

So if they turned on Trump, they would be consigning their party to the dustbin of history alongside the Whigs, among others. Though it’s something of a gambler’s fallacy already, as TCF has already struck the iceberg, so McConnell, et al. are just desperately bailing, hoping they can stick together enough duct tape and baling wire to stop the ship from sinking.

If somehow, they can get Trump over the finish line here, they are going to try to establish a permanent minoritarian hegemony, though that is still primarily determined by whether the MAGAts stick around after Trump is gone (which is an unavoidable eventuality, even if it’s taking a lot longer than anyone might expect). If they mostly go back to tuning out after he leaves the scene, the GOP has no hope of holding onto power indefinitely.

2 Likes

That’s been McConnell’s idea with the Supreme Court all along.

6 Likes

But it’s Republicans, and their spineless, decade-long adherence to a man who only rarely embodies conservative ideals that we’re talking about here.

JD Vance has always been a formless, unprincipled creature of the nexus between money and institutional bullshit, also known as “the mainstream media”.

But Lindsey Graham, at one point, had aspirations to a more principled statesmanlike outlook.

If John McCain came back today, and saw what was going on, I’m not sure he would even shake his former friend’s hand.

Lindsey is just sad.

1 Like

I guess it was inevitable that it would be serbed up on a silver platter.

So, the republican VP nominee is saying that his running mate “in his heart”, at the very core of his being, T34xCF believes the most un-American, un-democratic, un-constitutional idea that the military can and should be used against others merely because they politically oppose him. Gen. Milley has said virtually the same thing, “fascist to his core.” The difference is that Milley says that makes T34xCF unqualified while J. Divan-ce thinks it’s perfectly acceptable. Vote blue! It’s the only patriotic alternative.