For Upcoming D.C. Protesters, Jan. 6 Was Just ‘Boomers Doing A Self-Guided Tour’ | Talking Points Memo

Even Trump understands that this isn’t a good look. The optics are just bad. If even one scuffle occurs, if just one of these idiots act up, that will become the face of this rally. Trump knows it.

18 Likes

Yeah, the FBI can’t catch a brazen pedophile, and our intelligence services thought the Taliban was a gentlemen’s club that met on Tuesdays for tea. And they’re going to stage a false flag ruse and pull it off? :rofl: :joy: :laughing:

8 Likes

What some of these GOP loons don’t realize is spin isn’t an all-powerful thing that can transform pig shit into cut flowers. You might be able to make a bad thing sound slightly less bad. It wasn’t perjury, you say: The witness was mistaken, confused. Those are both plausible explanations for the same set of observable facts. “A self-guided tour” is not a plausible way to describe what happened that day. I’ve been on self-guided tours and never had to break any windows or beat cops with fire extinguishers to do it. There is, at least, no film of me doing that. And just on a personal note, when I was a kid the name Matt wasn’t that common. It’s become much more popular since, to the point that a certain percentage of the Matts we’re hearing about lately aren’t doing their reputations much good with the way they carry on and the rest of us would like them to pull their socks up. Just saying. :angry:

26 Likes

Truth is the Right control the media. Either through outright ownership a la their 100% monopoly on rural radio, ownership of newspapers and TV/radio in single markets, previously illegal, and by the fact that they crowed so hard about the liberal media that even the liberal media bought it.

They are rewriting the narrative because they have that power. They’ve had it since the beginning. It’s why the media exists at all; how the rich control the masses.

8 Likes

A helluva lot of pig shit was produced at Trump rallies in 2016 that turned into a bouquet of pretty flowers for him on election night that year.

2 Likes

Promo images from the Boomer Self-Guided Tour of the Capitol pamphlet.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 8.12.29 AM
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 8.26.14 AM
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 8.17.34 AM

10 Likes

As they say in Journo-101, If it bleeds it leads.

4 Likes

I like going after the baby boom generation as much as anyone else from Gen-x, but so many of them weren’t Boomers. Thousands were my generation and younger. Thousands. Braynard is using boomer as a proxy for what really unites them ethnographically.

This was a white self-guided tour. Now, “boomer” is just more dogwhistle for the racist crowd.

17 Likes

Because they don’t see it on Faux News or OANN or Newsmax. What MSM shows is obviously not what happened. Why should they believe the lies is what they’ll say.

8 Likes

Except Joey Manchin thinks there needs to be more accountability on who is getting the child tax credit.
God I might pay to watch VP Harris reprise her roll of questioning Barr, but replace Barr with Manchin.

8 Likes

And I hope that doesn’t deter a single one of ‘em……

2 Likes

And then there is the legislation that was passed in FL and other Republican controlled states that made it a crime to be present at a protest if it turned violent. By Matt Braynard’s own description of the majority of the crowd being peaceful, with a handful of rally attendees being violent, then if this was FL or another state with this new anti protesting law the whole crowd should be charged for the violence of the few.

10 Likes

I’m sure Manchin is just as concerned about the accountability of energy companies making money off of carbon offset tax credits.

Not.

8 Likes

I have said several times since the insurrection:

I have never taken a pike, zip ties and bear spray with me to declare my love and affection for someone.

18 Likes

OT, but not really. The common denominators are batshit and snake oil.

14 Likes

You just haven’t met the right person yet.

11 Likes

D’Souza would have to check with Trump on the size of his testicles, since Trump has them in a jar on a shelf at Mar-a-Lago.

4 Likes

Dinesh D’Souza asking if the health minister of T&T measured Nicki Minaj’s cousin’s friend’s testicles is the intellectual equivalent of a puppy chasing its tail, just as dignified and constructive, the only difference being that puppies eventually grow out of it and Dinesh is 60 and obviously never will.

15 Likes

Stuart Stevens:

I was thinking more like René Descartes. “I think, therefore I am not a crook!”

18 Likes

I suppose a proletarian collective could control the media, or perhaps the government regardless of stripe. As a member of the mass I demand to know who should control the media which controls me.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available