For Upcoming D.C. Protesters, Jan. 6 Was Just ‘Boomers Doing A Self-Guided Tour’ | Talking Points Memo

Violent insurrection? What violent insurrection? The Jan. 6 Capitol attack was more like “a couple of boomers doing a self-guided tour of a public building.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387564
1 Like

Boomers gonna boom.

14 Likes

OK Boomers.

21 Likes

Boomers? Hell they look the same age as many of my kids!

24 Likes

As has been stated more than once, the entire 6 Jan event was televised live and in person. There is no way the history can be successfully re-written. No amount of white washing or denial will erase the fact that the seditionists invaded the Capitol with the intent to disrupt proceedings and to hurt the protagonists of those proceedings.

Why the media are not making use of the footage they own to relentlessly counter this stupid narrative of peaceful self-guided tours of the Capitol that day is astonishing and stupid and explains precisely why we haven’t moved forward with anything more than arrests in eight months.

The wheels of Justice do NOT have to move this slowly in the face of the video.

Roll tape. Get it over with so we put this nonsense to rest post-haste.

39 Likes
26 Likes

If the MSM was doing its job (hahaha, I know, but humor me here) when they play a clip of this asshat talking about a “peaceful and upbeat day” they would immediately follow that with a clip of the cops getting beaten, windows smashed in and barriers torn down on Jan 6, with the question for viewers:

“Does this look like a ‘peaceful and upbeat day’ to you…?”

35 Likes

@maxheadroom, my point exactly. The media does not want this to go away because otherwise they might have to actually work on reporting the actual news of the day.

27 Likes

When the GOP denied that the slaughter of first graders happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School, they showed us that they can and will deny anything they choose for whatever reason they choose.

56 Likes

Tried to look up Braynerd on wikipedia and the sap isn’t well known enough to have a page set up. Worked for Malkin and Trump and that’s all he’s done.

14 Likes

“Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, A Self-Guided Tour.”

7 Likes

Let’s not forget antimask legislations at our public schools.

9 Likes

I’m not sure which media some of y’all are watching but I have seen these clips repeatedly and from multiple media outlets. I saw one just yesterday. Trying to whitewash 1/6 is a fool’s errand that will only result in endless footage being aired to remind viewers of the violence and destruction that occurred. All they’re doing here is putting the entire episode back on the front page again. I welcome their stupidity. We all should.

43 Likes

16 Likes

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep

28 Likes

Like it or not, they do–especially if we want to nail the conspirators who orchestrated this.

Spot on.

17 Likes

From Wiki:
In Russia, Yezhov remains mostly known as the person who was responsible for atrocities of the Great Purge that he conducted on Stalin’s orders. Among art historians, he also has the nickname “The Vanishing Commissar” because after his execution, his likeness was [retouched] out of an official press photo; he is among the best-known examples of the Soviet press making someone who had fallen out of favour “disappear”.

Fun fact: another nickname was “The Poison Dwarf” :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Yep. The story now is that this is a false flag to lure these idiots to one place and then capture them. Oh, if only.

14 Likes

Peaceful Trump-GOP Boomers merely following in the footsteps of their idols, Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, after being urged to “kick ass and take names,” and “fight like hell” by Mo Brooks and TFG.

16 Likes

The vast majority have an online presence that proves their idiocy. It’d be easier to arrest them at their trailers.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available