Flynn Suggests That Myanmar-Like Coup ‘Should Happen’ In US To Cheering Crowd | Talking Points Memo

Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn told a cheering crowd over the weekend that a coup like the one that happened in Myanmar in February “should happen” in the United States.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1375946

Flynn favors Rooskie style government so it would be appropriate to disappear him properly.

I say the Sooner the better,

And take The Gaetz with him…

32 Likes

Lock this shit house rat crazy sum bitch up already…geeeze

27 Likes

What happens when too many "Yes-SIRS!!!" are awarded to people with emotional problems.

22 Likes

Why hasn’t he been recalled to active duty and scheduled for a court martial?

Oh and that should also apply to Allen West as well!

32 Likes

amazing…and obviously scary, how far this nut-job ascended the military and government of this country. I hope if there are any others like him remaining in the military, they are in the process of being removed.

24 Likes

“I mean, it should happen here.”

The QAnon lunatics would make the Myanmar military junta look like boy scouts. QAnon members believe any lie as long as it is spoken by a member of “their tribe,” even if they have no idea who is actually posting the lie.

21 Likes

And look at who is now defending the coup plotters!

And why is Russian Ron Johnson liking this tweet?

33 Likes

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States . . . ; or

Whoever . . . affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons [who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence], knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

This should pose a tad bit of a problem for Flynn & Company.

38 Likes

That is no joke. If a scheme launched for Trump to buy Jupiter (the planet closest to the sun) was proffered on FOX, the answer for donations would be met with, “Wait, it’s a holiday, the banks will be open on Tuesday

7 Likes

Guess Flynn hasn’t checked the troop rosters. If he had, he’d realize that there’s quite the mix of liberals in the ranks. Hard to pull off military coups without unified support there.

See Turkey, 2015.

24 Likes

Flynn was briefly elevated into prominence by association with Trump. I’m sure there are others who think like this, especially among retired military, but it’s mostly confined to talk around the VFW and American Legion bars.

Flynn isn’t getting invited to speak at anything other than the most fringe outlets, so I’m not too worried about him. Is he even being booked on Fox News these days?

7 Likes

“…Michael Flynn told a cheering crowd…”

Rick Sanchez Boos

3 Likes

Johnson gets the derp laid down right…with International Flair!!!

3 Likes

Flynn’s mistake is assuming a military coup would support his side.

24 Likes

Understand that while maybe only 25% of the GOP would actively endorse & support & advocate taking this action
… if that 25% initiated such action … 97 % of the remaining Republicans would sit on their hands - or worse - would actively resist any effort to oppose such action… “too soon” … “to partisan” …

17 Likes

Part of the reason these soulless shites are hard to beat is because it is their job. Every one of those guys is there on a hustle, but for the marks, who are, of course, themselves.

4 Likes

He rose to prominence in the Intel side of things in Afghanistan and Iraq, and was eventually the head of the DIA under Obama.

That’s what makes his voice unique and alarming, that we’ve had someone get that high up in roles like that and he’s clearly anything but a patriot.

26 Likes

“I want to know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here” an audience member said, prompting the crowd to cheer, as captured in a video of the event.
“No reason,” responded Flynn. “I mean, it should happen here.”

And, of course, Mikey will get to be Minister of the Interior, or whatever title they chose to give to the secret police chief.
Unless, of course, he can make his foreign connections more lucrative in another position, I suppose.

3 Likes

This. JFC.

4 Likes