FL Teens Now Have Higher COVID Positivity Rate Than Other Age Groups In The State Amid DeSantis’ Mask War

My sister won’t get vaccinated be of the microchip and the purported side effects. She tried to tell me that my other sisters gynecological problems that occurred six weeks after her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine were a side effect of it. I forwarded her a fact sheet from the CDC re: vaccine side effects and she countered by forwarding me a “balanced” article from the Epoch Times a couple of weeks later. She used to laugh at her husband’s RWNJ political ideas and now subscribes to them.

Thank goddess my younger siblings are sane.

22 Likes

Except 20% isn’t an election victory … … unless one is donald trump. Then it’s an over whelming landslide that was stolen by nefarious ANTIFA, Black folk, Mexicans, and space aliens with their vote changing lasers from Italy… … Oh yeah… and bambu papers (the kind you roll joints with).

4 Likes

Nailed it.

3 Likes

Many, many things that are objectively irrational are good politics in the USA.

That right there is the entire story of our electoral future. If Trump’s additional 2020 voters stay home and Joe’s still turn out, the future will be very bright. If the MAGA voters turn out to be stickier than I am expecting, we’ll be in a world of trouble. Either way, it won’t tell us much of anything about the covid body count, which still adds up to less than 0.2% nationally, and they ain’t all Trumpers.

10 Likes

But they don’t have any reasons not to take horse dewormer. /s

4 Likes

LET THIS TRUTH GO DOWN IN HISTORY

Governor Ron DeSantis ( R ) furiously fights tooth and nail to make sure that Florida children are attending school in-person …and are packed* in to over crowded classrooms in the midst of a highly deadly and contagious pandemic - placed in situations where the minimum distances needed to avoid disease transmission are impossible
… AND yet …
He vigorously, obsessively, irrationally opposes & seeks to thwart all efforts to require implementation of
"standard of care" safety precautions.

…* The Florida requirements are as follows - but these are essentially “aspirational” as these requirements are notoriously, seriously disregarded

• prekindergarten through grade 3 may not exceed 18 students.
  • grades 4 through 8 may not exceed 22 students.
  • grades 9 through 12 may not exceed 25 students
7 Likes

When it comes to geochemistry, the average person doesn’t know schist.

14 Likes

To me it is pure insanity to want to deliver illness and death just to get elected. Not to mention it’s abject cruelty.
To me it should be somehow illegal to work to deliver illness and death to the inhabitants of one’s state to the best of one’s ability. I would have thought that the primary job of any politician would be the health and safety of those potential voters. Apparently I am completely wrong about this.

5 Likes

… gee … that also made a genuine difference during Vietnam too … when kids from the suburbs who hadn’t been all that eager to head off into combat - but who came from homes where, when your country called, you answered … when those kids were getting killed …the “why?” and then “what for?” questions became all too real … and the push back grew & grew

8 Likes

They’re salaried in the big districts. It’s a full time cush job. I think the “defunding the school board” likely to backfire. If these districts hold on, pay or no pay, and after time show lower childhood infections, sickness and death DeSantis will have a huge platter of crow to eat.

9 Likes

How about he just chug a big tall triple dose mug of Ivermectin

5 Likes

A lot of it was what those kids ( I was one ) had to say when they came back. Most veterans of that war became opposed to it after coming home and doing some soul searching. They became the VAW ( veterans against the war ) and were credible and loud.

9 Likes

Turn a suburban Texas county into 20% Republican and this state would be an electoral bloodbath for the GOP. We’re nowhere near that yet, but it’s rapidly trending in that direction. Here are the presidential voting percentages for Collin County, Texas from 2000-2020. Collin County is quintessential white suburbia just north of Dallas, featuring such stalwart Republican strongholds as Plano, Frisco, and McKinney.

2000: 73-24
2004: 71-28
2008: 62-37
2012: 65-33
2016: 56-39
2020: 51-47

Kind of seems like a trend.

10 Likes

LOL…and if he gets the GQP nomination, he’s our next POTUS…red state legislatures will see to that.

10 Likes

If it has nothing to do with the south then why are we seeing this far more there than elsewhere. Of COURSE it’s about the south–THAT south, the one responsible for so much idiocy and suffering in US history (but certainly not all of it).

2 Likes

I used to drive a truck though those places in the 70’s. All I remember is folks eating “chicken fried steak” and drinking sweet tea. I ate in Dallas.

2 Likes

In 68 I was at a house party and the host’s brother, a combat photographer, was home on leave with some pretty gruesome “body count” photos that were not meant for public distribution. That was my “hell no, I won’t go” moment.

5 Likes

Pictured: The GOP.

7 Likes

Your sister needs to read up on the current state of chip technology…for starters. Maybe some chill weed might help too.

6 Likes