Five Points On The Many Questions Raised By Trump’s Tax Returns | Talking Points Memo

He’ll have to. While we do not know for certain who his creditors are, I am believe we can safely refer to Rodney Dangerfield saying, “I can assure you that it is not the Boy Scouts.”

8 Likes

Don’t confuse income and wealth. His income from the Apprentice is not income from assets. If he got $220k from assets alone, he doesn’t have a lot of wealth.

8 Likes

I’ve never really felt the need to worry about a tax audit, but if I had, I’d relax now - I’d just keep delaying, like Spanky, for 10 years. Apparently that’s allowed.

4 Likes

It has been a continuing source of amazement to me concerning the IQ quotent of politicians. As a kid I was taught they’re our best and brightest.
Not true at all.
But politics does attract a certain sort of person. The kind I generally don’t wanna be around. Of course with trump we have a complete outlier. He exhibits the worst set of politician’s characteristics I have run across … ever. Including Nixon and for me that is saying a lot.

10 Likes

My kid asked me why I don’t run for office since I’m so interested in politics.

My reply was, “I’d consider it a demotion.”

10 Likes

So if/ when he loses, there go the pardons for Ivanka, Jared, and the idiot twins. So much for that Trump political family dynasty. Ivanka and Jared are in big trouble, I suspect, and Daddy cannot do much about it.

7 Likes

Th e Secret Service records everything in the White House. Visual and spoken. I am sure all of trump’s calls are recorded and any paper generated is saved (presidential records act).

7 Likes

Need to take a look at Ivanka’s tax returns to see if she paid taxes on the money. What is the point of reducing The Donald’s taxes and increasing Ivanka’s taxes. They would be paying at the same tax rate. Doesn’t seem like this accomplishes anything.

6 Likes

And lose. Trump has been fighting to stay in office for the entire 3+ years he has been in office. Things are not looking the least bit good for that outcome. His con has not worked this time.

8 Likes

"1

That’s a lot of losses."

1A

The Reward

5 Likes

[quote=“darrtown, post:37, topic:196668, full:true”]
I plan to read about it. I cannot stand trump’s appearance or voice. Plus I value my TV and whatever I might be moved to heave at it.
Not tha t I don’t wanna know the outcome y’understand. I do so hope trump steps on his own dick.
[/quote

You could listen on the radio with the sound off.

10 Likes
25 Likes

UC-Riverdale

Little known fact, UC-Davis was named after the creator of “Garfield.”

7 Likes

So, all Trump has to do is release his returns, officially, and we’ll all know what’s true and what isn’t.

Easy-peasy.

16 Likes

I’m surprised nobody’s posted this yet.

5 Likes

The Dotard can perform better when he has a controlled environment (rallies), plenty of reinforcement (adoring crowd), no need to prepare and freedom to dominate. Take those away, and his theatrics are not as effective.

With the recent revelations about his taxes and his statements about the military, the growing death toll from coronavirus and facing an opponent who will stand up to him and call him out on his ridiculous lies in mind, I suspect his people are quite concerned about him walking on that stage tomorrow night.

13 Likes

Cheats to become President, gets foreign countries to pay off his debts for intel and trade deals, steals from tax payers at every opportunity… how this guy has a single person that still supports him is baffling.

7 Likes

However, the Ukrainian call, allegedly, was not recorded.

1 Like

70K for brittle platinum blonde?

3 Likes

I wonder if Eric and Scrump read that, and thought “where’s my fat consultant’s check?”

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available