Five Points On The Many Questions Raised By Trump’s Tax Returns | Talking Points Memo

One thing that is interesting to me is that people like Kridel and Galle, quoted here in the article, are experts in tax questions and THEY can’t figure it out.

1 Like

I wonder if Josh Kovensky knows that evil, tax-dodging, pandemic-loving president just received his 3rd nomination for a Nobel Peace Prize?

1 Like

I think that they’re not saying what they’re thinking, because that would expose them to lawsuit and death threats. (And also because you don’t get to be an expert in tax accounting without being on the careful, conservative side. So they’re answering questions from reporters, but they haven’t examined the documents themselves, much less any additional information they would want from a client before pronouncing on something like this.)

1 Like

That’s how it’s done. A relative by marriage of mine was invited into a money laundering scheme by a wealthy relative of his in another country. They wanted to buy a property (a house in this case, not an apartment building or hotel, but a nice house) and all they wanted was someone’s else’s name on it.

Never happened. But I can easily imagine that you’re right and Trump doesn’t really own a lot of what he claims to own – and claims losses on. And where else would he get the idea to sell his name all across the globe?

3 Likes

Adam Davidson did a deep dive on the information in the NYT piece and pointed out that in many cases there’s no clear advantage to Trump of any of these losses. And of course where these supposedly unsecured loans are coming from isn’t spelled out. So Davidson says money laundering becomes a plausible explanation given the lack of others.

2 Likes

What I tell Trumpsters who claim he is “Successful Businessman who will Drain the Swamp”

YouareSpecial

2 Likes

Imagine how many idjets will ow try to write of haircuts as a business expense.
Sheesh.

So, the audit is ongoing. Why is it taking so long?
The IRS is a bureau of the Treasury Department.
And who is in charge over there?
Oh yeah, Trump nutsack-licker and all-round good guy, Stevie Munchkin.
What a frickin’ coincidence!

1 Like

Moscow-Controlled Donnie will lie, bully, project, misdirect, (did I say lie?) ANYTHING, to put on A GOOD SHOW. That’s all this so-called “debate” is. Facts, truth, whatever, fugggedaboutit. It just doesn’t matter. Whoever has the best show, wins. And that’s all the Con Man has: SHOW. And on TV that can be powerful.

I don’t know what the best strategy is against a pathological liar and a scammer, but I think the fraudster has an advantage in this SHOW.

Ivanka would have to pay inheritance tax or pay regular income tax. If she paid neither, it is FRAUD and throw the bitch in jail.

Dirty money funnelled through Douche Bank, the preferred bank of criminals.

2 Likes

It is when you install an asskisser to oversee the IRS.

The calls have been stashed in the top-secret server that is hidden under the bed in the bunker.

1 Like

You are so right. He has made his business SCAMMING PEOPLE (see Trump University as an example) and except for a few slaps on the wrist, he has gotten away with it. And his cult worshippers think he is a good businessman. What can you do?

I’d like to believe in Karma, but I don’t know if things will catch up with this grifter in life.

1 Like

Exactly. No audience, just him and Joe on stage. No props, no screaming dopes in red hats, time limits and a debate opponent he can’t intimidate.
Bad news all around for Bunker Boy.

I think some very very bad days are in store for private citizen donald j trump.
from debt payments coming due ($400,000,000+)
to
indictments
to
very expensive lawyer fees.
ending in
prison time.

2 Likes

“He hates who I hate!”
That’s enough for most of them.

1 Like

I’ll bet the fucker wrote off the cold Big Macs and soggy fries he offered up to the football players.

1 Like

I expect the Dotard will go full bore with his typical bluster and bullshit. As always, the deluge of lies will flow from his orifices. And, all of his theatrics will be on full display. Those that consider his antics a good show will be thoroughly entertained. His most ardent supporters will swoon over his perceived masterful performance. No matter how many times Biden slaps him back into the corner, they will only see their hero as the victor.

I suspect the rest of the world will see a huckster, clown, moron, juvenile, etc. being schooled by an adult.

He’s paid only interest, and no principal**. It’s his actions that demonstrate no principle (or principles)

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available