Five Points On Ken Paxton’s Time In the Barrel

What’s next? Live Boy or Dead Girl?

2 Likes

Texas GOPee: Paxton is a crook and Abbott and Patrick are fascists. What a state.

6 Likes

Forget it, Jake, it’s Texas. Never mind the dead woman behind the wheel.

10 Likes

Tomorrow’s gonna get ugly. Assuming no vote on the debt ceiling.

6 Likes

I’m going to spend time tomorrow and maybe for the rest of the year reading about Tina’s demise. Far more interesting dead than an alive Kev.

8 Likes

Whatever you do, do not zoom into Paxton’s nostrils.

3 Likes

Was congressman Ronnie Jackson also patched into the call in between cocktails?

7 Likes

Is it really just politics if openly corrupt people can stay in office and avoid justice for years? I think it’s better-described as tribal hierarchy.

He is the chief, and there are no tools in the system strong enough to dislodge him. Anyone who tries will lose their jobs, and no trial will start if friends-of-Ken are able to delay it. It could go to the federal level, but that might also be toothless in Texas.

10 Likes

This story gives me goosebumps of joy. Paxton is a stain, even in Texas.

7 Likes

Attorneys General are never…never!..to be called “General,”’as if they’re the head of some unit of the military. “Attorney General” means they’re the attorney for the population…the general public

18 Likes

There’s a big twist to this feud, that I’m surprised TPM hasn’t highlighted, which makes this even more jaw-dropping.

The drunk allegations were pushed from a former state rep lunatic degenerate (Stickland) who was a strong ally of both lunatic Paxton and the lunatic state rep (Slaton) who was expelled from the House a few weeks ago-- the guy who was the biggest anti-LGBTQ and “family values” voice, who got caught getting a teenage page drunk and had sex with her.

So, it wasn’t just Paxton trying to preempt the investigation for his payment, but the lunatic fringe who were STILL supporting Slaton to some degree and think Phelan moved too fast and hard on “humiliating” him.

I’ve lived here 20+ years (by force in a sense, since my employer is anchored here), and I’ve never been more appalled at what a joke this state has become over the last year. The fact that Paxton had a credible, qualified Democratic opponent in 2022, and no more that one percent of voters could be bothered to deviate to not vote a straight Republican ticket, really shows how willfully ignorant and having the most crooked AG in the nation while owning the libs are the hallmarks for most voters in this state.

16 Likes

In fairness, all three are fascist crooks.

2 Likes

My favorite character right now in this little drama is Andrew Murr, who finds it “alarming and very serious that we are having this discussion into why millions of taxpayer dollars have been asked to remedy” Paxton’s alleged misconduct. But the best part is his flourish that these allegations are so bad they “curl my mustache”

Andrew-Murr

Source:

6 Likes

“my fight for conservative Texas values”

Is there any Republican there willing to fight for non-criminal, conservative, Texas values?

7 Likes

Representative Bryan Slaton was expelled for having sex with a teenage legislative aide.

Paxton is in trouble for doing favors for a guy who gave a job to his mistress.

They should put a copy of the Ten Commandments on the capitol lawn.

Oh… wait… they did. Guess that doesn’t really work.

9 Likes

There’s no such thing. May as well fight for the Easter Bunny.

3 Likes

They could always put other copies in Paxton’s, Abbott’s, and Dan Patrick’s offices.

And I wonder about the hanging of the 10 Commandments in all public school classrooms? Would they have been more than paper? Which Republican donor would have gotten the contract to make all those copies?
I know it didn’t pass, but still…

2 Likes

And since the current budget does not contain a provision for paying Paxton’s settlement, he’s in more jeopardy now than he has been since his fraud indictment.

7 Likes

In looking at Slaton’s photo, I am surprised the page survived the alcohol poisoning she must have experienced to get there.

5 Likes

Julian Sancton’s book Madhouse at the End of the Earth about a lesser-known Belgian expedition to the Antarctic in 1897, offers a viable career-change suggestion for George Santos, who Kevin will likely not fund in the 2024 primaries. It is quite possible that Musk goes for Mars in the 2030s and that the result is not the best outcome. Turns out one of the saving characters in the ill-fated Belgian mission was a convicted American fraudster, Frederick Cook, who at times pretended to be a scientist, medical doctor and engineer. What Cook showed, however, was that sheer imagination can save your life and the lives of others. To paraphrase Matt Damon, Santos, who has impeccable con-man credentials, could “fake-science the shit out of” a Mars mission gone bad. Santos to Mars as soon as possible!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available