Fiona Hill Had GOPers On The Run For Downplaying Russian Meddling In 2016 | Talking Points Memo

Oh, indeed.

19 Likes

McConnell and the Republirats seem inclined to get the trial behind them ASAP. For that reason alone, I think slowing down the impeachment train may be the better course. If the Republirats want something they must fear the alternatives. The Democrats should not let the crooks and creeps on the other side of the aisle set the agenda and pace for them.

8 Likes

The GOP seem like the frenetic, histrionic murderer trying to play it cool as the investigators get closer to the murder weaponā€™s hiding place. ā€œNormal?! Of course everythingā€™s normal! Why wouldnā€™t it be normal? Iā€™m normal. Youā€™re normal. Everythingā€™s normal hereā€¦ā€

The moment someone goes to look under the rock (i.e. NRA/Russian money), all hellā€™s going to break loose though. ā€œDONā€™T YOU DARE LOOK UNDER THAT ROCK! ITā€™S NOT MINE! Iā€™VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFOREā€¦ā€

7 Likes

According to the memo circulated at the office, you are responsible for the decorations this year.

4 Likes

No, no, please no that heā€™s sick. I know I said in 2/17 that heā€™ll plead ill health and not run a second term, but I just canā€™t stand the thought of all that eulogizing. I sincerely hope he recovers from whatever ails him.

5 Likes

Yeah, but Iā€™ll be using @castor_troyā€™s credit card (well, I understand itā€™s actually @rucleareā€™s but not sure he gets to see the statementsā€¦ :face_with_monocle: )

5 Likes

Please hang around at least a little longer. Itā€™s called hope.
There is always hope. Particularly with someone who canā€™t seem to stop self-impeaching.

6 Likes

Okay, make that all it takes are guts and a slight British accent.

1 Like

Yes. Hold Stefanik (and others) over the fire. Sheā€™s a young plywood-heiress Harvard Republican trying to cling to a political career catering to the Trump GOP in red district. No doubt sheā€™s hoping this will all blow over and she can continue the establishment career path she imagined at private school. But in the meantime, like Nikki Haley, she has to collude in the Trump coverup. A progressive Democrat party leadership would make her eat this shit sandwich publicly twice a day, both out of sense of justice and political calculation.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve served. And Graham could not command troopsā€¦let alone troops in battle.

I believe that he can write on a piece of paper, thoughā€¦:laughing:

6 Likes

Itā€™s working, Just read that Trumpā€™s numbers are up couple of points.

1 Like

Putin surely is smiling, and I wonder if he has a page or two in his playbook for selectively releasing some kompromat on some US politicians to wreak even more chaos in the middle of this.

5 Likes

The fun part was watching Wenstrup have his hissy fit, then have a bigger one as Schiff let Dr. Hill shove right back in his face.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been wondering why that statement dropped out of the news. It was an audit of the old cases that would include Burisma.

2 Likes

People shouldnā€™t get freaked out or despondent by the GOPā€™s knee-jerk hunkering down with Trump post-hearings. Fiona Hill poked that bear in the eye with her aggressive condemnation of using Russian propaganda in domestic political spats.
More people are aware of it now, and the GOPā€™s continue use of it is politically untenable.

21 Likes

Nate
Updated 11/22/19
41.9% approval
M.O.E.

7 Likes

For some reason, rank pessimism=Knowledge and Steadfastness to too many people.

This is a battle starting with a POTUS who has never been above 45% approval. His mental illness will not allow any negative news to affect him like ordinary people.

Tailor-made for Democrats

7 Likes

Thanks for the pep talk! We need it and appreciate it, especially coming from someone as knowledgeable as you.

12 Likes

Q1: if Trump ends up getting struck from the ticket, who do you think will be his replacement (excluding Pence)?

Q2: on a scale of A to F, please grade Speaker Pelosi.

11 Likes

While she was very polite about it she definitely left a mark.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available