Fiona Hill Had GOPers On The Run For Downplaying Russian Meddling In 2016 | Talking Points Memo

Great minds, etc.

How much do I owe you in royalties?

5 Likes

I realize there’s no way we’re doing this again, but Constitutionally, there’s no law against a second impeachment, is there? Now that would be a record worthy of a worthless jackass like Donald Trump.

16 Likes

Precisely! Trump and his stooges were claiming to look for corruption in the wrong places. Clearly all the corruption is in the White House, the offices of the Attorney General, Sec. of State, the entire Republican Caucus (House & Senate), and the Republican Party.

Putin is smiling broadly.

10 Likes

Four-letter word. Starts with “ha” and ends with “ck.”

9 Likes

Yes, Trump could be impeached three times a day and six times on Sundays.

10 Likes

Yes, that was amusing.

The illuminating part is that they think they can get away with it.

(Never mind that they may be right.)

17 Likes

That’s the key question. My view has been that the House Dems are entirely responsible for making the case to the country, because they’ll get no help in the Senate, and without public support the case is even more doomed to failure than it is otherwise. They don’t want to be seen as dragging it out, but spending time on pulling a few more key threads would be beneficial.

16 Likes

I’ll waive the royalties, but the Soros Foundation might still be dipping into your bank account - that’ll be @castor_troy doing his thing to get ready for the Christmas party! :wine_glass::sunglasses::boom:

9 Likes

She shot down so many Trump/GOP lies that the NRA sent thoughts and prayers.

26 Likes

They need to get this one right. Why are they focusing only on the Ukraine bribery? If they rush this to a vote now and send it to the Senate, there is no doubt they will acquit. There is nothing been said so far that will sway Graham and McTurtle.

6 Likes

Let’s face it, the only chance Republicans have to save the senate and white house in 2020 requires a combination of voter suppression and Russian hacking. They don’t have a compelling message. They have to cheat to win and for them winning is everything.

11 Likes

Anyone told Lindsey?

29 Likes

I just read Josh’s post regarding the e-mail he received from a former federal prosecutor. If it plays out as he suggests, things could get pretty interesting over in the Senate trial.

The other wildcard is Trump’s health. Whatever his problem is, he looked quite frail and unsteady as he climbed down the short staircase from the plane yesterday in Austin.

15 Likes

It’s time we added Treason to the articles of impeachment. Nunes should be barred from the intel committee as well, for spouting this Russian disinformation and being tied to Lev Parnas, one of Giuliani’s goons.

9 Likes

Reps. Omar, Ocasio-Cortez, Pressley, and Tlaib: “Fuck yes!”

Seriously, Jordan and Nunes looked about ready to wet themselves

7 Likes

It’s not that they don’t know. They know. They’ve been told. But hanging onto power and protecting the rentier class by fleecing the rubes and stoking white nationalist grievances justifies their lying and their damaging national security. If they are not treasonous, they are conspiratorial racketeers.

21 Likes

well, my theory is that the Dem leadership is acting based on the assumption that with Trump on the ticket in 2020, Dems will have no problem maintaining control of the House…but if he isn’t the candidate, then all bets are off. So anything that threatens Trump’s position as the GOP candidate is undesirable.

But because the pressure from the Democratic base to take action on impeachment was becoming overwhelming, something had to be done. And when Ukraine happened, it looked like an easily managed, compact “impeachment” thing that could be handled in two months or so. And that was all to the good, because regardless of how guilty Trump is, GOP Senators are not going to vote to convict until after the threat of primary challenges have passed for GOP incumbents.

But the longer impeachment drags on, the more likely it gets that Trump will be either convicted, or convinced to resign. And that creates uncertainty for the Dem House leadership.

3 Likes

Take a look at this, Ralph. If you have a strong stomach.

18 Likes

I thought Hill was going to bring up the fact the Ukraine did announce that they were going to look into burisma and other investigations on October 11th. So Ukraine got the aid and trump got his announcement. Sure it was not on prime time news but the announcement was made.

3 Likes

Lindsey has become a monster.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available