Fiona Hill Had GOPers On The Run For Downplaying Russian Meddling In 2016 | Talking Points Memo

The GOP has become a party of Treason.

2 Likes

I dunno. Maybe it got released at the perfect time. Swalwell was able to get the breaking story into the record during the last open hearing.

And now you’ve got two weeks of soundbites of Nunes vigorously defending Trump in hearings, alongside evidence that he’s a co-conspirator.

I kinda like the optics of this going forward…

2 Likes

There are so many in this Trump criminal enterprise still walking around when they should be in jail by now. But SoS Pompeo, he looks like he can’t believe the position he’s in, stuck in disbelief, top in his class at West Point yet looking so lost and stupefied, so much so he can’t even offer a response when questioned. Does he have any shame? Let’s hope he’s brought to his knees. Talk about disgracing the family name.

3 Likes

But, you know, the good citizens of Kansas would elect him Senator anyway, because coastal liberals and reasons.

2 Likes

The point is that US foreign policy is besmirched simply by his presence. He is a dead man walking, and should simply leave the political stage for at least a few years, if not forever. Probably should hand in his law license at the same time.

2 Likes

“…selectively releasing some kompromat on some US politicians…”
[

We now know this is well within the realm of possibility as a warning shot to the others.

1 Like

Burisma means different things in Ukraine and the US. In the US, it is code for the Bidens. In Ukraine, it is a company primarily owned by a former interior minister who rewarded himself lucrative natural gas extraction licenses while in office.

2 Likes

Nunes does like to file stupid and ineffective lawsuits. The defense should ask the judge to have the current batch dismissed as frivolous. And then go after Mooster Nunes for legal costs.

1 Like

because coastal liberals and reasons.

Trying to stay positive today (usually lasts till about lunchtime ) but you’re correct. They did elected Sam Brownback to the senate and then as Governor, from which he proceeded to take KS back to the dark ages, completely devastating the state’s economy with his Tea Party KS Experiment.

You and/or sniffit should think about fleshing this our for an op/ed.

1 Like

Thanks for that, but who knows from gas companies? All I know of gas is my grill’s propane tank. Which makes this ‘investigation’ so f’ing bizarre. Let’s start there and ask the most obvious question of Trump and his thugs, when did you first become aware of a gas company in Ukraine, and for what purpose?

Maybe it has something to do with six degrees of separation?

“…Maybe what’s to come will distill it all in easier to digest and more dramatic fashion…”

It has to be summed up in almost literally bumper-sticker capsule form. I see Bloomberg has $millions earmarked for TV ads. I don’t care about him, but maybe these ads will feature impeachment issues so as to have a secondary value over just promoting his candidacy. Economy of language with effect is a challenge, but gratifying when one pulls it off.

1 Like

The problem with Dems, which has been the case for decades, is that they tend to be too stiff and by the book, like how a prosecutor might approach a court proceeding where this is expected and proper and in no way harms one’s case. So while they might “win” an argument on facts and logic, they usually lose it politically. And they either don’t seem to understand this, or hide behind it as an excuse to not fight and risk getting bruised up by the RWNM. I suspect it’s more the latter.

It’s like the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals. The latter play by the book basketball while the former run circles around them with their very flamboyant style of playing. It’s all staged of course, but it so reminds me of how Dems operate in public. I’ve seen this since the 70’s, with the Dems attitude being “I’m not going to get down into the muck and mire with them. I have my standards and I’ll live and die by them.”. And, of course, they usually die by them.

We’re seeing the same thing here, a golden opportunity for high political drama and theatrics, at Trump and the GOP’s expense, yet they’ve been conducting these hearings, and media appearances regarding them, in a sober, high-minded and BORING manner, that’s led to most non-partisan non-political junkies to just tune them out. Which will squander this opportunity and give Trump and the GOP better chances of holding onto the WH and senate that should and could be the case.

Politics is a gutter sport that only pretends to be high-minded. I don’t mean crafting policy. That’s serious business. But actually getting it enacted is not a pretty thing and Dems have to stop pretending that it is. Same for impeachment. It’s much more about political drama than political substance, in terms of accomplishing its intended goals, removal and/or political damage to the guilty party.

Three of them ran out of the room to avoid her responding to their BS. That’s enough running for one day.

1 Like

I’ve grown so accustomed to reading “POS” as “piece of shit” that I initially read “SoS” as “Secretary of Shit.” I had to pause a moment to remember that Pompeo is the Secretary of State. That said, his performance as Secretary of Shit far outshines his performance as Secretary of State.

2 Likes

In the Army, SoS was shit on a shingle, usually chipped beef with some disgusting doughy chalky white gravy. Loaded up on Spam as a alternative, which I still enjoy today, sometimes.

Hopefully, Pompeo will get to eat SoS if he makes it to prison. Highly doubtful, but deserving. He eats too good right now but doubt he’s enjoying it.

Sorry, getting a bit obsessive. Going from Nunes to Pompeo, with Barr always nearby. Did I mention Marsha Blackburn? But I stopped yelling at the TV, so that’s good. Right?

1 Like

Small steps, small steps…

1 Like

@paul_lukasiak

Useful idiots?

Or willing tools?

1 Like

Grifters who are in it for themselves and just don’t care,its a shame.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available