Fifth Circuit Used An SEC Case To Declare Open Season On Agencies

From the mouth of Senator “Dr.” Bill Cassidy

Liberal media: “Why this is bad news for Democrats…”

22 Likes

Senator. Tell me you’ve self-owned without telling me you’ve self-owned.

12 Likes

Did they mean repulsive?

8 Likes
3 Likes

“If you just correct the population to remove white supremacist racists, we’re a surprisingly progressive and inclusive nation.”

–Mark Twain

30 Likes

The quest for DC statehood seems to be in retrograde.

17 Likes

That guy has something to say about everything.

17 Likes

The bad Doctor claims he’s baffled by the discrepancy, but from the Vanity Fair article:

" Then there’s the phrase “for whatever reason.” In fact, there is one very big reason in particular— perhaps you can take a guess? “It’s no mystery why maternal mortality rates are so high among Black women,” Michelle Williams, the dean of Harvard’s School of Public Health said in response. “They are high because of the devastating impacts of structural racism and individual bias.” As Politico notes, Black mothers are three times more likely to die from a pregnancy-related cause than white mothers in the U.S., which has the worst mortality rate among developed nations and where “17 mothers die for every 100,000 pregnancies in the country.” In Louisiana, Black mothers are four times as likely to die than white mothers."

This, in a nation that has higher overall maternal mortality rates than just about any advanced western nation.

26 Likes

He was on his iPhone more than Abe Lincoln !

9 Likes

And is always up to date. Amazing!

15 Likes

Hope you can get past any firewall. This made my morning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/21/voting-is-surging-georgia-despite-controversial-new-election-law/

15 Likes

If you correct our population for gender, age, and pregnancy the incidence of maternal mortality in our country is very low, and within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.

14 Likes

The SEC, the FDA, the FCC, the IRS, just for starters.

7 Likes

welp, I can bet there are at least 20 other governors who would love to meet with that company

6 Likes

yes, it was her ambition and hard work that made her a bad candidate

this is unlike you, 4

1 Like

that’s going to make Dog on the Moon happy

1 Like

Yes, and it took the election of Democratic governor John Bel Edwards to expand Medicaid under the ACA over the wishes of the “pro-life” opposition.

14 Likes

When you tell the people they can’t, people show up to say we will.

What I took from the reporting is that it took a lot of effort from voting rights groups, and some corporations-Delta, to scale back some of the proposed measures. It helped that the news organizations kept on top of what was happening in the legislature.

I look how the GA SoS is trying to say that in person voting is why up because of the new controls over VBM in early voting. It’s lost on Raffensperger and Kemp is that the reason in person early voting is way up is because voters don’t trust that their votes will counted.

19 Likes

Imagine if every undocumented immigrant was entitled to a jury trial.

They should be entitled to a jury trial.

17 Likes
25 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available