Fifth Circuit Used An SEC Case To Declare Open Season On Agencies

May the Blue Wave wash over our shores…

32 Likes

Retweet this and declare open season on Musk

27 Likes

Kemp can’t go too wrong with a jobs, jobs, jobs slogan. I wouldn’t count on his voters figuring out those jobs might have an effect on global overheating somewhere down the line. Right now they see steel erection, concrete pouring, and big machines rolling out paychecks for them. Kemp can bust their unions at his leisure and screw the workers after the election. IFF he wins.

10 Likes

That car needs a fire suppression system. Or maybe an ejection seat. The Elongate scandal is not building any confidence in his judgement. Tesla stock continues to sink.

15 Likes

I am trying to imagine a stock market that already has all of the outright corruption and kleptocracy that ours has minus any regulation at all except what congress and the courts decide to enforce haphazardly.

Get ready to kiss your IRAs and other retirement funds goodbye. Periodically the market will crash and when the smoke clears there will be a few fabulously wealthy people at the top and a bunch of middle class zombies shaking their heads and wondering WTF happened.

Now that I think about it, maybe it won’t be that much of a change.

34 Likes

At the very least, the J6 Hearings will display who the Fifth Circuit is working for.

@randyabraham…yeah, I know: the facts just “bounce-off-the-base”

10 Likes

It will be the same zero sum game just on steroids.

9 Likes

This is basically the same thing that happened a few weeks ago with the CDC mask mandate being revoked for being too much of an over-reach.

The argument is that Congress should be doing these things, but the original intent of these agencies was to help put industry experts in charge of the decisions. Now the courts want to revert this back to lobbyist-impacted politicians that know nothing about the issue at hand.

We are headed toward the 1920s form of government, where money talks without any penalty or repercussion. This is where the GQP has been headed for some time and McConnell’s judicial appointments pushed through in the previous administration will make this a reality going forward.

More and more agencies will get shut down with these rulings. There’ll be no point to them. GQP will finally get their government so small, it can be drowned in a bathtub.

19 Likes

This case has been ongoing for nearly 10 years.

And the world is still turning? My, my.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

2 Likes

Bill Gates was right to short the stock, in the sense of knowing which way it’s going.

Congrats on the proper use of the logic operator IFF, by the way. Not many people know it.

9 Likes

There are not just so-called proletarians who will be angered by this. There are millions of people in the upper middle classes.

It’s time we start focusing on those people.

The GOP base has been heard from enough.

11 Likes

I’m so glad we have activist judges.

6 Likes

Re: Big and small pictures of Ukraine.

2 Likes

“Protecting Americans From the Administrative State.”

By enslaving them to the Corporate State.

Don’t like that? Then give more money to politicians.

Or try.

6 Likes

If he’s reclusive, why do I see him everywhere?

13 Likes

Guardians Of Plutocrats hard at work. Again.

10 Likes

Gorsuch will find “nondelegation” as the bedrock principle underling Article I, rooted in the original intent and clear meaning of the text “All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress.” That exclusive legislative power clearly prohibits Congress from legislating the administrative state into existence.

7 Likes

Meh. She always polled well when she wasn’t on a ballot. Besides, Republican’ts and their corporate, compliant, conservative, so-called liberal media (SCLM) would’ve called her, “the most evil Secretary of Agriculture (or what-the-hell-ever)”, anyway.

10 Likes

“The legitimate concern with congressional delegation of power to agencies is that the people who make them up are unelected, and somewhat insulated from democratic accountability.”

Same goes for judges.

17 Likes

To arbitration too?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available