Fifth Circuit Used An SEC Case To Declare Open Season On Agencies

You know, Ted got stuck exactly at the point in his life where he had his CSI (chickenshititis) episode to dodge the draft. From that point on he has tried to show he isn’t the coward that he showed himself to be. And just look at him still pretending to be the homicidal maniac with guns that he imagines he could have been in Viet Nam. Fifty or sixty years go by, and he is still way back there. How’s that for karma?

7 Likes

I live in house built on a concrete slab, insects and baby snakes appear regularly.
These are my regular invaders
It wasn’t until I was in my 50s that I saw a full sized adult ring neck snake, thankfully outside. I usually scoop up the babies and deposit them outside.

9 Likes

He could bring down Target’s existence in a heartbeat if he went and bought all his hair care products somewhere else.

3 Likes

Asa Hutchinson, talking one way and walking another.

6 Likes

I just hope that this dude tries something on a busy Sat afternoon. Target’s security won’t have to lift a finger, the customers will take out the trash. Hopefully not with fire power, but shopping carts.

3 Likes

Feral hogs are a huge problem in Texas, and are allowed to be killed in almost any manner, even from helicopter. So killing 455 of them, is probably the only public service he’s ever performed.

I don’t hate him more. I just hate him.

10 Likes

The phrase “we are all in the same boat” seems to be missing for too many individuals. I have always liked your optimistic take on things.

And your assessment of our political landscape

7 Likes

I remember reading this as a kid
and the movie made me sick.

3 Likes

It is unclear what Giuliani disclosed to the committee…

4 Likes

Excerpt:
European energy companies are finding workarounds to keep Russian crude flowing while placating public opinion, a media report said.

The point is to market a barrel in which only 49.99% comes from Russia; in Shell’s eyes, as long as the other 50.01 percent is sourced elsewhere, the oil cargo isn’t technically of Russian origin, the Bloomberg report said.

https://www.freepressjournal.in/business/backdoor-latvian-blend-keeps-russian-oil-flowing-into-europe

3 Likes

You are quite right, of course. I am looking at it through the lens of someone who votes in such a red district that a significant number of local seats are going to the GOP unopposed.

Had someone from Dems Abroad on the phone today urging me to participate in the Dem primary for my voting district. There is literally not a single race where there is more than one Dem is currently running (and a number with zero). I will be there in November, for sure, and I admire the folks who are willing to run, all of whom will get my vote, sight unseen.

You remember the stuff about Antrim County and the voter fraud stuff? Right next door… Michigan Militia? Right next door. The kid who shot up classmates after his folks gave him a gun? Right down the road from where I used to live in the Detroit area…

Generally I am always optimistic and always believe that things will turn out for the better. Right now, stuff is getting to me, so I think I have to take a break.

4 Likes

My brother who spent his career with the state DNR said shooting elk is like shooting cows in a herd. No gamesmanship at all. Big heroes.

2 Likes

I hunt wild animals.

But they’re in cages, Don Jr.

Dad says that makes me a good hunter.

2 Likes

Suddenly: Protect us from our idiocy!!

3 Likes

The story says the kid was driving.

But it’s government regulations (like driver licensing) that are the real problem.

4 Likes

I went to my former store today. We are under a massive renovation, even the restrooms are closed and relocated to a trailer outside the store.

Like to see him try it there: a quarter of the store is inaccessible. Nowhere to run to; nowhere to hide……

2 Likes

It’s clear that dumb people will make our government’s job immensely worse by foisting off crackpot non-delegation theories. And these guys are signing us up for more dumb.

2 Likes

I haven’t assaulted anyone. They may have assaulted me, but subsequent actions were / are entirely in self-defense. What’s your story ?

I went to my local Target on Sat., and they’ve got a corner of the children’s dept roped off and empty. All the stuff I wanted to looked at was mooshed together in a corner. They went through reno during the pandemic, so what gives?
(and yes the shipping containers in the parking lot are back again)

1 Like

Certainly sounds like renovations. A general accusation of Target is that many stores look old and dated. Ours here hadn’t had any significant work done on it in 10 or 15 years. It’s finally underway.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available