Feds Slap 12 New Counts On Bob ‘Gold Bars’ Menendez - TPM – Talking Points Memo

For the third time in six months, federal prosecutors have brought charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), tacking on to his indictment 12 counts including new allegations of obstruction of justice and failure to register as a foreign agent.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1482494

Oops, Bob and Nadine are going to have to get new defense counsel since they turned their old ones into witnesses in the case.

28 Likes

I’m afraid “Gold Bars” will be behind iron bars pretty soon.
I hope TFG joins him.
Luckily it’s a deep blue state.

18 Likes

Good. This corrupt POS needs to go, like yesterday.

16 Likes

Throw this nightmare out of the Senate today.

14 Likes

Somebody needs to tell Nadine what appropriate dress is for visiting the Capitol.

14 Likes

He’s convicted or pleads by August.

Trump, Navarro, Santos, Paxton, Kushner, Thomas, take your pick of republican, nothing.

Very depressing. Can I, do I dare to, retire? What do I do with my IRAs, leave them and hope for the best? Am I going to lose everything when the gop nationalizes wall street?

Our institutions are failing us, the Courts are hopelessly compromised, the police forces are far too Right Wing, will the military save us if Trump seizes control?

I just don’t know. Today seems to be a good day to shut down the comms!

2 Likes

Further penalty: they could be roomies.

7 Likes

Maybe Kyrsten Sinema can be her fashion consultant; she will be out of work soon.

11 Likes

Later, prosecutors said, both Menendez and Arslanian caused their defense attorneys to repeat the story in summer 2023 meetings with Manhattan federal prosecutors. In multiple meetings before Menendez’s first September 2023 indictment, prosecutors said, Menendez had his attorneys tell the government that much of the alleged conduct was simply about repaying loans.

Guess Trump isn’t the only one who turns his lawyers into potential co-conspirators.

13 Likes

Somebody needs to tell her what’s appropriate in oh so many ways.

10 Likes

The Santos precedent was that there was a few months’ investigation by the bipartisan (3+3) Ethics committee which returned clear recommendation for expulsion. This was accomplished with a more than 2/3 vote. I think that precedent should be followed for Menendez. He is entitled to due process, although like Santos I doubt Menendez would cooperate with the committee.

If Menendez is expelled in the summer the governor could immediately appoint the winner of the Democratic primary (which won’t be Menendez) as the replacement senator. That early appointment gives a small boost in seniority over senators newly elected in November.

5 Likes

If he resigns, Murphy gets to appoint… would he be so bold as to appoint Mrs. Murphy?

2 Likes

…or his wife… :rofl:

2 Likes

No, no, Nadine!! Fashion disaster!!

1 Like

Feds Slap 12 New Counts On Bob ‘Gold Bars’ Menendez

God this guy is corrupt! Very disappointing, but now that we know he has to go. Pronto.

7 Likes

I’d say it sounds like the Feds have got finally. Hopefully he’ll go away for at least 20. Apropos of nothing, that picture looks like he just picked her up on the corner!

3 Likes

Just appeal senator immunity, should buy him a year or two.

1 Like

That’s really not the place where I’d put pony mane fringe. I guess she decided against the one with two gold tassels since it was a fancy reception at the White House and all.

6 Likes

I’m sure all the Muslims that paid extra to purchase Halal meat appreciated the long Koran-approved experience and care that Mrs. Menendez brought to the job.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available