Feds Reaching Out To More Fake Trump Electors In Pennsylvania And Michigan

We’re learning more and more about the expanded scope of the Justice Department’s investigation into ex-President Donald Trump’s fake elector scheme, which was spearheaded, in part, by then-Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and the legal team he led.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421323

Wonder if there’s folks are beginning to understand that they’re circling the vortex that will (hopefully) pull down FatAss…

ETA: Frist!!11!!one!!

Simon vs the squirrel (bonus critter)

15 Likes

Vortex (@lizzymom) is a good metaphor.
I like snowball, too.

6 Likes

" Feds Reaching Out…"???

This is not “reaching out” at all. Reaching out means asking for their input, etc. So, this is far more aggressive than reaching out.

Perhaps the Feds were reaching around?

5 Likes

Reaching out to slide that noose over?

7 Likes

Maybe. The people who signed these documents apparently didn’t read the fine print. It’s serious business to sign a legal document, as they’re finding out.

12 Likes

catmouse

A clear mismatch.

12 Likes

DeMarco claimed he only had direct contact with the fellow sham electors, not Trump’s campaign or legal team.

I doubt that Allegheny County Republican Party chair Sam DeMarco actually refers to himself as a sham elector.

18 Likes

Simon went crazy, pawing at the glass, while the squirrel just stayed relatively cool. At some point, Simon admitted defeat, sat back and glared at his nemesis.

11 Likes

Because Trump has a teflon persona (can’t be held accountable), minions assume that in themselves.

A characteristic of that kind of sycophancy.

10 Likes

“Allegheny County Republican Party chair Sam DeMarco, one of the sham electors in Pennsylvania, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Thursday that the FBI had visited his home earlier that morning to serve him a subpoena and interview him for about an hour.”

Mr. DeMarco said he was wearing a suit when the FBI arrived, but they demanded that he put on his PJs instead.

19 Likes

And I bet this phone call doesn’t show up on the White House call logs.

19 Likes

The cat we have now is not a normal guy. He started life in the alley behind our house. His mom was feral. There was one other sibling I knew of. Something horribly traumatic happened to them them has affected our guy his entire life. He is now 15 and “semi-retired”. Mice would scare him. And he is camera shy…

7 Likes

We have about eight squirrels that feed at our bird-feeders. As long as they’re not too greedy, we let them.

One of them is a tiny squirrel my wife named “Lil-bit”

This squirrel is fearless, and responds positively to human voices. S/he might make a good pet. Even our cat likes Him/Her.

4 Likes

What that article says is astonishing.

5 Likes

Maybe these people totally forgot just what kind of approach a Merrick Garland investigation takes …all sorts of poking around and sifting through fragments & minutia… and then all of a sudden it is go-time and you’re get full cavity searches on your front lawn … an instantly you realize … every damn thing you have don over the last 36 months is documented and verified… including the $137 discrepancy in your checking account that you can’t figure out … just ask Garland’s team … they know what it is.

17 Likes

Taxoplasmosis is one hell of a drug.

1 Like

If no direct contact with trump campaign, he’s got no one to flip on. Good luck with that.

2 Likes

They have to be made an example of. The law must come down like a ton of bricks on these RW usurpers. It is past time for some serious consequences to be leveled.

Damn, I am enjoying watching them sweat and squeal. More please.

9 Likes

“I’ll certainly comply with their request,” the county GOP chair told the Post-Gazette.

How nice of him - although I don’t think ‘request’ quite captures what is being demanded of him.

5 Likes