Feds Preview More Serious Charges, Including Sedition, For Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Washington, D.C.’s top federal prosecutor on Tuesday previewed more, and more complicated, charges for individuals involved in the Capitol attack earlier this month as the pool of evidence from the event continues to grow. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356887
1 Like

Won’t the GOP Senate have to vote on whether those charges are constitutional?

47 Likes

Outstanding. Lotta evidence to sift through.

19 Likes

Oh my

he believed nearly every case charged so far now includes “significant” felonies like civil disorder and obstruction of government proceedings.

Too bad they didn’t get a pardon.

35 Likes

I see a clustercuss in the making. Senate impeachment trial with scant evidence against Trump followed months later by tons of evidence of sedition by the expandable foot soldiers.

15 Likes

Phasers on Stun in the United States Senate…

12 Likes

I hope they get some serious jail time.

It’s too bad the consequences take time… as a middle school teacher for many years, it was clear applying immediate consequences to actions has more impact.

If there is evidence that there were sympathizers inside the Capitol who were providing information, I hope that they are identified and are subject to full consequences as well.

24 Likes

Prosecutors have pursued information through more than 500 search warrants and grand jury subpoenas.

Don’t forget emails and texts from Marjorie Taylor Greene.

And Josh Hawlings.

Their staffs would love to sit for interviews.

51 Likes

He can be impeached again.

8 Likes

All those who have been, or about to be, arrested have admitted they are antifa and were not sent there by Trump.
Is this correct?

10 Likes

And Bill Barr ain’t on the scene…

11 Likes

Isn’t a Justice Department that works for the People and Justice instead of the President a wonderful thing
Justice happens

28 Likes

Did You just reference FM?I’m amazed if you did because it’s been awhile. When I was still in the Toronto music scene they were friends of mine. Nash The Slash and I go way back. He passed some years ago.

2 Likes

Jacob Chansley, the shirtless guy with the horned headdress who invaded the Senate chamber and mocked what is left of our democracy, has been arrested on misdemeanor offenses. At the very least, he is guilty of disrupting a Senate session. If he were black, he would probably be charged with first-degree murder under the felony murder rule.

12 Likes

The trickle becomes a flow.

9 Likes

And don’t forget Scotty following the orders of Captain James T. Kirk. I could use some Vulcan logic right now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Hopefully, now that we’re past the low hanging fruit, we’ll start to see the baskets fill with deplorables.

13 Likes

You can’t try them when they’re no longer insurrectionists and have gone back to being private citizens.

19 Likes

Too early.
Too early.
Too early.
Too early.
Too early.
Too early.
Old news.
Old news.
Old news.
Old news.
Old news.

21 Likes

Two felonies and four misdemeanors, including Obstruction of an Official Proceeding:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1352916/download

But yes, some certainly deserved to be charged with felony murder.

23 Likes