Federal Judge Warns Of A Jan. 6 Redux In The 2024 Election

500 years ago Naughton would have been burned at the stake for heresy for this sort of thing. Who says the old ways are all bad?

10 Likes

I don’t know if the link to the NYT in the MM is paywalled so here is a free gifted link:

Mostly what we already knew, but there are a few details of how it got bogged down with some blind alleys, like looking for funding connections that petered out. The main takeaway is that Garland and the DOJ never thought Trump would regain political power, so they thought they had all the time in the world to cross every “t” and dot every “i.” Until they didn’t.

53 Likes

That is the headline.

This is what was meant.

2 Likes

Extra treats today, just for being Puppy.

9 Likes

Donnie’s love seems quite contingent, eh?
It doesn’t sound like something I’d want anything to do with.

16 Likes

:rotating_light: HIGH ALERT :rotating_light:

A federal judge in Washington, D.C., warned Thursday that Donald Trump could provoke Jan. 6-style attack with another call to arms in response to the 2024 election.

I’m increasingly inclined to believe that he won’t wait that long. Once the ketchup on the wall begins to solidify, he’ll call for his bloodbaths, post haste. I mentioned the other day that he lives to delay justice against himself. In this case, he may decide to create an environment of violence in hopes of delaying the November election.

28 Likes

Not unless you’ve had all your shots

2 Likes

‘Mike, This Is A Political Career Killed r If You Do This’

Fixed it.

We all know what Trump “meant.”

7 Likes

I read a comment on a NYT thread from a poster who worried about the backlash from enforcing the civil judgement against Mr. Trump in NY. The poster feared it might energize his supporters and aid his electoral prospects. However, if anything is clear now, it is that we have to stop worrying about what Mr. Trump or his supporters might do. Just do the right thing and deal with whatever fallout occurs.

89 Likes

It may just start on Monday, when the deadline passes for him to post his $500,000,000+ bond and Letitia James starts to lien / seize his properties.

20 Likes

It was my understanding that DOJ didn’t want to risk cases being tossed – a la Oliver North in Iran-Contra.

9 Likes

Can’t we get a buzzard to eat Donnie’s liver in perpetuity while we’re at it?

13 Likes

Donald Trump could provoke Jan. 6-style attack with another call to arms in response to the 2024 election.

WHOA! legitimate concern … but expect the unexpected - - anticipate an attack / insurrection/ sabotage without any prior warning - before the election - or during …

In 2020, the “Hail Mary” that Trump-MAGA was attempting to throw - was to get the election result so mired in muck & get the selection process into the House

Always always remember that Trump unwaiveringly believes that he thrives & prevails in Chaos - and so creating mass chaos is his default strategy.

31 Likes

I think a lot of people thought Trump was done, including Biden and the media. Can you imagine the handwringing and tsking about norms if Trump had been prosecuted in 2021?

11 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

9 Likes

I’m supposing Charlie thinks it’s alright to coup, though.
Yep, no need for that woke ‘render unto Caesar…’ stuff around here.

10 Likes

@TPM_dk … last time I looked, Mike Johnson was R-LA, not D-LA

3 Likes

There should at least be action taken against those who participated in the last insurrection.

4 Likes

A federal judge in Washington, D.C., warned Thursday that Donald Trump could provoke Jan. 6-style attack with another call to arms in response to the 2024 election.

If Biden wins the election DC authorities better amass about 50,000 various soldiers and police to surround the Capitol and patrol the city on 1/6/2025. And again on 1/20/2025.

13 Likes

I know there are purportedly brilliant legal minds here that think it is a species of lèse-majesté to dare criticize DOJ and its leadership, but that organization keeps coming up with inexplicable actions. I suppose some will chalk it up to the myth that the Southern District of New York is a sovereign state that Main Justice has no control over:

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available