FBI Warns That QAnon Followers Have Discussed Infiltrating National Guard At Biden Inauguration

Can you imagine any of these guys ever getting a job again if they did?

It should be fairly easy to spot the QAnon-lovin’ faux National Guardsmen: they’re the ones masturbating while eating a bag of Cheetos.

(Yeah, I know this whole situation isn’t really funny, but neither is nuclear war, and “Dr. Strangelove” was a fucking laugh riot!)

1 Like

Can’t say I’m particularly worried about any infiltration plans. There’s growing evidence that the groups who most want to help Trump to remain in office somehow are, well, a bit shit at this conspiratorial stuff.

The same goes for any type of organized plan. The real threat is from some lone nutcase (who might be in the National Guard, hence the vetting) deciding they have nothing to lose, and wanting to go out in a blaze of glory. Presumably, there’s no chance of them getting within five miles of Biden.

Longer term, there greatest danger could come from foreign agents recruiting the Trump cultists as useful idiots and cannon fodder and providing the organizing skills they currently lack.

1 Like

I’d be happier if churches preached the elemental words of Jesus and stopped with the politics.

But, pigs flying, yada yada yada…

2 Likes

“HOW SHOULD JOE BIDEN RESPOND TO CHRISTIANIST EVANJUGGALOS?”

Hopefully, with a resounding “FUCK YOU!”

2 Likes

U.S. files conspiracy charge against Oath Keeper leader in alleged plot against the Capitol

U.S. authorities have leveled the first conspiracy charge against an apparent leader of an extremist group in the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol, arresting an alleged Oath Keeper who is accused of plotting to disrupt the electoral vote confirmation of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory and proposing further assaults on state capitols.

Thomas Edward Caldwell, 66, of Clarke County, Va., was taken into custody before 7 a.m. on four federal counts, including conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States in the attack on the Capitol. The conspiracy charge is reserved for offenses interfering with or obstructing the lawful operation of government.

4 Likes

And now he’s just back hanging out at his mother’s house? This is messed up.

1 Like

I kinda sorta think I get your general gist, but I really have to take a lot of issue with your statement that “ALL religious belief, at least the supernatural kind, is inherently and inescapably crazy”.

I’m assuming your opinion is directed more at organized religious institutions. I myself have issues with them, as well as so-called missions to spread a particular religious belief.

That said, I find the statement lacking in relevance to what appears to me to be an incessant spiritualism of the human animal going back way before recorded history. I have significant doubts that a people who are unable to see much in the night sky beyond the planet Venus can intellectually grasp their nature better than a creature which lived and died beneath the vast expanse of the visible universe.

Does believing in good and evil require a belief in angels and devils? No, and I’m sure you understand how both ideas can convey profound intellectual concepts, much like a child’s drawing can convey something on par with Rembrandt’s best. Does consideration of sacred space and profane space require an acceptance of heaven and hell? No, but as a concept they lead to considerations of nature and reality as profound as anything Einstein conceived. Even irreligious, smart people have an awareness of spooky places — Auschwitz in the dead of night. Are they crazy?

I’m not casting aspersions on your asparagus ; - )   And I’d bet we probably agree on a lot, especially under the topic of spirituality instead of religion. But your generalization was quite broad, and unfair in my opinion taken as targeted at people who are genuinely striving to propagate goodness in the world.

Today is Trump’s last full day. Cheers : - )

O great news. I hope it’s just the first of many.

3 Likes

Good point. After 1/6, it would be difficult for any of these guys to pretend that they were anything but an insurgency attempting a coup. The marchers can pretend that they were only useful idiots, but anyone who tries anything on 1/20 has to be aware that he or she is on a suicide mission, which makes it even more frightening. By the time you have bluffed your way through more than one checkpoint you have to admit that no, the President didn’t invite you and yes, you are aware that what you are doing is an attack on the country.

1 Like

Hey @tena, have we evicted the motherfucker yet?

1 Like

23 hours and some minutes and counting.

The we convict the motherfucker.

2 Likes

I’m relieved by the deplatforming and hope we can hold the line there. However, I was listening to the podcast “The Daily” this morning and they were interviewing Trump supporters about the events of 1/6. These were people who did not go to the Capitol “rally” – a 50-year-old graphic designer, a wealthy mom, etc. Still big Trump supporters even after the riots. And they kept saying that their voices have been silenced, because Twitter and FB finally drew a line in the sand and because Parler was shut down. That it was a violation of the 1st amendment, etc. It really is crazy talk. I think my neighbors may have been a little taken aback – I couldn’t help but burst out “FFS!” from time to time. So while I’m glad about the deplatforming, it will only feed their perception of themselves as victims.

2 Likes

You’re sort of abnormal in the United States if you’re not agitating for violence, planning a school shooting or engaging in mass insurrection against the government.

1 Like

As you noted they don’t need any help seeing themselves this way so it hardly matters since the trade-off is shutting down disinformation and downright deadly lies. It’s worth it.

5 Likes

What did they think was going to happen when they stormed the capital and Facetimed the whole shit
These are some seriously stupid motherfuckers

1 Like

Not sure it’s the first. I think Ma Barker and Zip-tie Jr. may have been the first to be charged with Conspiracy.

So maybe not the first but certainly not the last. We should see conspiracy charges for these QAnon Seditionists. If they act on their conspiracy, it’ll advance to Insurrection.

Conspiracy, Sedition and Insurrection. Not a group of charges I’d want to be facing. Those carry some heavy consequences.

I hope we see more of those charges handed down to everyone involved in Trump’s Miserable Adventure …

1 Like

That happens tomorrow. And not a moment too soon. :laughing:

1 Like

I just meant a belief in actual, literal divine beings and supernatural events, which is by any reasonable measure “crazy” (note that this doesn’t make one crazy, but the belief itself is, since it’s based on that which has never been proven, can’t be proven, and almost certainly does not exist), and not in the idea that there’s “something” out there greater than us or what we can sense, see or envision, or which explains it all and is some general governing principle of the universe and existence, but which has no sentient or willful nature of its own (i.e. a “god”) and cannot do that which is against the laws of nature (i.e. a “miracle”).

I know I set people off when I post such things so I generally don’t. If it ends up alienating and not convincing people, what’s the point? And even if such alienation was part of a longer-term process of convincing people (and sometimes you do have to piss people off to get them to see things differently and be open to changing their views), doing it in a venue such as this is kind of inappropriate unless it’s the topic of discussion. So I’ll refrain. I know how important faith, religion and such are important to many people, and insulting them is like insulting their friends, relatives and other beliefs.

1 Like

I remember when I though something like this could not happen in the U.S.A:

Assassination of Anwar Sadat

> After the swearing-in ceremony is completed, Biden and Harris will take part in a Pass in Review with members of the military on the East Front of the Capitol. Pass in Reviews are a military tradition that honor the peaceful transfer of power to a new commander-in-chief,

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available