FBI Warns That QAnon Followers Have Discussed Infiltrating National Guard At Biden Inauguration

The FBI has discovered that adherents of the bogus “QAnon” conspiracy theory, which alleged that President Donald Trump is secretly fighting a cabal of pedophiles in elite circles, have discussed ways to potentially disguise themselves as some of the National Guard troops that have been assigned to watch over President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355213

I’m no lawyer, but I’m fairly certain discussing that counts as conspiracy.

40 Likes

Please do not forget to vet 130 House members, 7 Senators, and any Trump appointee in the Intelligence community.

32 Likes

After World War II, Germany underwent a de-Nazification. Yes, it wasn’t perfect, but by and large it worked. Now we need a de-Trumpification…

51 Likes

QAnon is welcome to try, hope they bring all their members.

(And let’s all agree not to tell them that soldiers ain’t stupid, and when “Bob” shows up at the checkpoint in uniform, and “Bob” may be wearing a uniform but clearly ain’t military or part of the unit or likewise, “Bob” is going to have a very bad day)

44 Likes

Treat these individuals as the terrorists that they are. Time to clean up.

28 Likes

Let them cross the first moat. Then raise the drawbridge.

12 Likes

During the Battle of the Bulge German soldiers attempted to infiltrate US lines and disrupt our response by dressing as American MPs. When they were captured they were all summarily executed. I wonder if these clowns playing insurgent understand that what they are planning is not going to be laughed off.

30 Likes

It’s begun in the corporate sphere. See where Forbes Chief Content Officer stated publicly that if your company/corp hired any former Trump PR or Comms flaks-- they would assume your entity was lying about everything.

Don’t give the liars a platform.

38 Likes

What is your unit? Who is your commander? Wrong answer, down on the ground, MOFO. Infiltration of military units has been a tactic used since the first human conflicts. It isn’t a job for amateurs.

35 Likes

I realize that there are members of the Guard who are MAGA, but I can’t imagine that there are enough of them deployed for the inauguration who are willing to risk a court martial to look the other way on this.
I realize that all of us exist in a media bubble to some extent; but these people must be totally immersed in madness.

21 Likes

And why not… they have already successfully integrated many police departments, and made headway into the military why not the National Guard. As long as the GOP exists this will continue ‘Law and Order Party’ my ass.

4 Likes

Infiltration works both ways. Just sayin’

16 Likes

Happy the FBI is on this. Never underestimate crazy.

9 Likes

They will be easily identified by their tin-foil helmets.

14 Likes

I gotta say that, while I’m glad the FBI is on this, I don’t have the confidence I should have that this will all be rooted out. When I can’t guarantee that the FBI itself isn’t infiltrated, it makes the confidence a bit shaky. And that goes for all the law enforcement from the Feds all the way down through the locals. We’ve seen far too much evidence that it is an epidemic of massive proportions.

13 Likes
19 Likes

I am more worried about an Anwar Sadat scenario. You need to take this shit seriously
Assassination of Anwar Sadat - Wikipedia

It can Happen here
Oct. 6, 1981: Anwar Sadat Assassinated Video - ABC News (go.com)

16 Likes

QAnon = Rebels without a Clue.

These are pitiful people, desperate for an “answer” to WHY everything has gone to shit in their lives, and unable to handle the FACT that sometimes, “shit happens” and there IS NO DRAGON TO SLAY and “Make it all better”.
They also don’t want to believe that Trump is (and ALWAYS HAS BEEN) a lying con man and their precious “Republican Party” has been taken over by thieves, criminals, and traitors and they, as “true believers” have been exploited and “taken to the cleaners” by them.
Sometimes The Truth Hurts so much that mass psychosis becomes a viable alternative to reality in some people’s minds. (See: Germany, 1930’s)
Thus we get: QAnon. A cynical retread of “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion” re-imagined for the 21st Century, pushed by Russian Troll Farms and sociopath Republican Politicians as “THE Answer” to all of their suffering.
Just like the Millerites in the 1840’s, when “The End Time” continues to NOT happen, they will just “move the goalposts” again, and again to assuage their tortured minds, eventually splintering into smaller and even more insane factions.

27 Likes

I can also imagine that for pretty much each and every president that has been sworn in, there have been significant numbers of the active military who voted for the other candidate. Just being a trump voter is not nearly enough to convince soldiers to flip completely.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available