FBI To Vet National Guard Troops Due To Fear Of Insider Attack At Inauguration

4 Likes

Insider threat is one of the hardest to mitigate for any security operation. Background checking is one element, access control is another, perhaps most important is behavior observation by peers and supervisors. Overwatch snipers would have highest level of clearance while a guardsman standing post at the outer perimeter, relatively less. This is not “fear” of insider threat, merely routine, prudent threat mitigation.

1 Like
5 Likes

But that would deprive upwards of 75 million people the white supremacist qualities they want an LEO to have. Is that fair?

1 Like

All because of that divisive Obama.

But would provide 81 million Americans with the unbiased and fair law enforcement they want.

2 Likes

Picky, picky, picky . . . .

The end of this nightmare is officially less than 48 hours away…

57204f9b-69f1-4228-9707-b2a275d64859

… yet still feels like 4 years away

6 Likes

From a crabby aunt

1 Like

But in a democracy the views and needs of the minority need served, the tyranny of the majority is anathema to our government. Half the nation are racists, fascists, xenophobes, homophobes, misogynists and ultra-nationalists. Their needs must be met too.

Trump will no longer have the powers of the presidency

It’s like saying a fighter pilot (not a drone-master :sunglasses:), miles away from his plane, cannot strafe or missile-lock a target.

2 Likes

YEA, agree 1000%, why in a county that has a total of <6000 residents there is a police force of at least 3 found in every town (even in an unincorporated town of 25), 50 in the “city” of 2500 and that is just the local police. Now add in the county sheriff with a force of 25 and a state trooper barracks with 150 on staff (dedicated to exclusively patrolling the Interstate which is 25 miles north). The place I’m talking about is so small it does not even have a drunk tank holding cell. Now add in all the surplus military equipment, the county SWAT, and the separate city SWAT teams. Talk about being under siege.

ETA, and the social services staff, every single one of them in the county including the director, my sister, are on SNAP.

2 Likes

One other factor to add into that commentary. Social Media allows people to suddenly communicate with a large and faceless audience. In that, the Like button coupled with commenter’s feed back is a drug. That has changed how people see themselves and pushes them to behavior that would not occur normally in their real life.

One of the comments I hear from believers in alien visitation, Nessie, Bigfoot, etc. is that you can’t prove beyond all doubt they don’t exist, which is true. Of course, there is no credible evidence for any of them but you can’t get them to see that and who wants to waste time and mental energy on disproving ridiculous beliefs that some fraction of the population insists on keeping to the point of obsession. I do have to laugh at the Ancient Aliens guy, Giorgio. He clearly knows the whole premise of the show is BS but he is having a lot of fun, travelling all over the world to interesting places, and probably making good money keeping his fans entertained.

1 Like

By the way, I have the perfect music for the band to play at Trump’s departure ceremony.

2 Likes

This has become a growing concern on the part of the sane part of America. We’ve known for years that some of our friends and relatives have slowly succumbed to RWNJ propaganda and as the number of nutjob outlets multiply, so do the numbers of deranged people.

A twitter feed I stumbled on last night was filled with thousands of comments from Americans who have watched people they know and love devolve into brainless zombies, spewing absurd hateful fantasies, racist and murderous. Some had lost their entire family to the new plague. A thread runs throughout - “They used to be so normal. What happened? I don’t recognize them anymore.” Often there’s some triggering event; for some it was Obama’s election, for others personal financial devastation or drug/alcohol addiction. What the zombies all had in common was systematic brainwashing from Fox and RW talk radio, the gateway drugs to madness.

1 Like

I have a former sister, went off the deep end when Obama was elected. Based on some of her communications on social media that were made known to me by third parties I reported her to both the FBI and Secret Service. Talked directly to field agents about her. To my dismay she wasn’t locked up.

You can’t lock people up for their attitudes and beliefs - they have to actually do something illegal.

1 Like

Threatening the President with harm is illegal.

2 Likes

I agree that is.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available