Fauci Worries About Threats His Family Gets Amid Trump’s Attacks Against Him | Talking Points Memo

Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the White House’s top experts on COVID-19, declined to directly address President Trump’s full-blown smear campaign against him during an interview with KNX 1070 News Radio on Monday, but expressed his concerns over threats that his family has received at times when he’s been at odds with the President’s agenda.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339320
1 Like

Can we hire some neutral party to protect Dr. Fauci and family?

Canadian Mounties?

16 Likes

Someone is going to get hurt and it probably won’t be anyone who deserves to get hurt. Meanwhile, the Orange leader will disclaim any responsibility. This is beyond wrong. He effectively is making threats against those who disagree and we already have proof beyond the Whitmer case that his words have consequences. At some point, criminal liability should attach.

27 Likes

Republicans are anti-family.

12 Likes

Welker: “What do you say to all the people who are threatening the life of Dr. Fauci and his family?”

Trump: “Stand back and stand by!”

23 Likes

Most of this is bluster. Not to be crude, but, for all the bluster, not many follow through.

Meanwhile, a 12 year old boy is shot dead while repairing the lawnmower with his dad. The story is that extreme violence is emerging from the extreme right.

And the Republican Party is begging them for votes.

6 Likes

I am so so sorry for Dr. Fauci and his family. He’s a tough guy but his family does not deserve this. It’s fucking despicable. Where is Melanoma and her cancerous “Be BEST” bullshit right now? Oh, I know, parading around Erie PA in her stilettos and peakaboo nipple blouse, that’s where. I AM SO MAD.

16 Likes

When I saw Fauci interviewed on CNN, after release of the ad he asked to be taken down, he looked so very sad and weary. The shadow passed over his face just momentarily before it was gone, but it was riveting. I’d never seen a look of such sadness on his face before. How terrible that he has to deal with abuse and disrespect at the end of such a distinguished career.

We cannot be rid of Trump soon enough.

31 Likes

Trump is the greatest threat. He and his people are infections and effectively killing people all over the country. Trump has become the pandemic spreader. . . .the angel of death!

9 Likes

“If I listened to him, we’d have 500,000 deaths,” Trump said.

Ever the overachiever, Trump is about half way to that total without assistance from anyone (except, perhaps, from his friend Vlad).

7 Likes

Was that wacky or what?
If we had not ‘sheltered in place’, social distanced and wore masks twice as many people would have died. The man can say whatever pops into his diseased mind with no consequences. Incredible.

8 Likes

Why would any foreign country send their best to protect one of our own? When we have a rampant infection rate, and President who wants everyone to catch the virus?

Also I wonder if these virus deniers ever pay attention to what’s going on in other countries? I doubt it.

6 Likes

trump:

'That Jonas Salk, he was very overrated; And Louis Pasteur was a real loser."

If trump could see his own dick, he would have cut it off by now. A few months ago, he had only his base; now he is whittling that down to just the most extremely stupid and deplorable.

8 Likes

Think he’s just trying to hold out, to have all the plans in place to launch January 20th on the great plan to unfuck the country.

4 Likes

The internet is slow from all the people trying to figure out who Bob Hope is.

8 Likes

25 Likes

“seems to get more airtime than anybody since the late, great, Bob Hope.”

At last the GOP is talking in terms millenials will understand! Way to go for that youth vote!

11 Likes

Millions of people are dying all over the world just to make donald look bad!

9 Likes

I caught that moment too. And it made me catch my breath. He seemed vulnerable, and I felt was sad for us all.

13 Likes

UGH! The very mention of her makes be vomit at the top of my throat. :rage:

4 Likes