Fauci On Why Trump Backed Off Quarantine | Talking Points Memo

If Biden responds “yes”, then what does the story and distraction of the day become?

Remember Clinton and “basket of deplorables”?

Let the surrogates and “Nasty” Nancy go medieval on Trump’s ass, while Biden takes the high ground and acts Presidential, i.e. the opposite of Trump in every way.

And besides, Todd has already opened the Overton Window for us by framing the question this way. One of the few useful things he’s ever done.

6 Likes

2 Likes

One problem here is trump does not understand the concept of personal honor. But i like your solution. Here’s a somewhat different solution more for the GOP…

seppuku

“do what is right and…”

Not, “do what any of us would expect”…

2 Likes

But trump won’t leave…unless someone does it for him and frog marches him to a paddy wagon.

1 Like

Leaving before finishing a second term would mean getting frog marched by the state of New York. He’s trying to run out the statutes of limitations clock on state charges.

2 Likes

Did I mention how much I hate having to see, read about or hear trump? There is no more deserving human on this planet for a case of covid.
I very much want to see trump squirm in a courtroom and then do time on Riker’s island.

1 Like

He’s a sportswriter locally. Became famous for the books Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People you Meet in Heaven. He’s a good guy. He used his wealth and connections to start an orphanage in Haiti after the earthquake and drags his rich friends down there regularly to take care of it. He brought a little girl to Detroit to get medical care and she ended up living with him and his wife until she died. His chronicles of that time are heart-wrenching.

5 Likes

Thanks for filling me in. Sounds like a good guy. Glad you have him there!

NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!

3 Likes

That is a big, scary number:

In 2018, global GDP amounted to about 84.93 trillion U.S. dollars.

I have tried that–Prefer the French Press myself (And, yes, we have a backup French Press, because coffee).

I think I read somewhere that if the criminal conspiracy is ongoing, that particular clock is moot. But IANAL, so someone else will have to verify that.

1 Like

“governor’s and mayor’s”? do we now use an apostrophe for plurals?

Um, you are aware what you can do with your punctuation nanny post, right?

And “do” should be capitalized. But I wouldn’t be petty enough to point that out.

1 Like

On the way to bombing runs:

2 Likes

Great picture of adults trying to reason with a stubborn child.

1 Like

When Trump thinks of Michigan all he can remember is the searing rebuke of the touch on his forearm from Faith Green Timmons, the pastor from Flint. “That woman in Michigan” is any woman who dares to challenge him or question his great benevolence.

3 Likes

That is an excellent point. Trump as visionary.

Someone should make an ad of this idea, really. It could be devastating if done well.

2 Likes

With a reference to airports in the revolutionary war for good measure.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available